What's for dinner Wed., 9/18/2013?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Our local PBS station is sponsoring WHRO Restaurant Week, and it's my usual Wednesday dinner-out-with-friends night, so we're going to support local radio by having dinner at a wonderful Italian restaurant I don't get to visit enough: La Bella in Ghent.

DH is away on a work trip till Friday, so I don't know what he's having.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tasty looking menu, GG.

We're having leftover shredded beef sauce over tagliatelle and a salad.

I'm not really hungry yet. Maybe I'll just snack on some saltines. No taste for anything at the moment.

I'm going to try and hunt down some ground lamb for burgers / sliders (depending on what buns look good.) I found a recipe for greek slaw for the side.

39817-albums960-picture5653.jpg
Elk steak, sweet pickeled beets & pork stuffed zucchini

Last edited:
We found a Nitrite free pre-cooked ham a couple of weeks ago so heated it up with some potato salad. If you can get past the grey color of the meat it is quite tasty. Just like any other ham. It's amazing how much visual perception plays on your palate.

Reminds me to drink the beer 1st!
That isn't beer, it's Budweiser. ;)

We have a ton of leftovers. I might recycle the leftover steak with sauteed mushrooms and throw some scrambled eggs on top. Or have the steak and 'srooms on the side of eggs and potato. Or make everything into a frittata. That's it! Frittata it is. :yum:

Thanks for letting me freestyle (AKA "ramble") - you were all a big help. :flowers:

We found a Nitrite free pre-cooked ham a couple of weeks ago so heated it up with some potato salad. If you can get past the grey color of the meat it is quite tasty. Just like any other ham. It's amazing how much visual perception plays on your palate.

Hmm. Nitrite-free, will have to look for some.

Tonight I made Orange/Sesame Shrimp with a sauce/glaze of orange juice concentrate, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, sesame oil, white wine, and spices. Served with white rice.

Our local PBS station is sponsoring WHRO Restaurant Week, and it's my usual Wednesday dinner-out-with-friends night, so we're going to support local radio by having dinner at a wonderful Italian restaurant I don't get to visit enough: La Bella in Ghent.

DH is away on a work trip till Friday, so I don't know what he's having.

I don't know if the restaurant's quality has gone down, or it was the mass cooking for the fundraiser, but the food was not as good as I remembered. On the bright side, 20% of the sales go to support local public radio.

Back
Top Bottom