What's for dinner, Wed, February 7, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LEFSElover said:
Dinner tonight for this lass will be probably close to the hotel I'll be staying at in Cancun. It might just be Champs that is in the parking lot by the lobby. Ensalada for me and maybe chips and salsa.
So, beaching, sun, surf and swimming for me tonight and tomorrow. Then tomorrow night it's Boston. So, heat to what? Snow?:ohmy:

So what are you coming up with today?

Try to stay warm...lots of blankets, tea, heater on full blast, and being toasty with your sweetheart.

Boston is my area. Bring lots of warm woolies.....alas no snow.:(

Chicken fajitas here with black beans, toppings, chocolate cream pie for dessert

seeing if my baby wants to get dinner at a restaurant. got like 5,000 of 'em to choose from.

.....or i may drop by a sammich place i love to chat with my guys & drink a few. jake left me a hefty chunk of change that i just spotted on our coffee table.

Kim's cooking a fresh ham for a party we're having Saturday night...he thought it would be nice to get it done, cooled and sliced, so we don't have to mess with that on Saturday. He's got it in the big Hamilton Beach Roaster, and it smells so good, I can't hardly stand it!

So...we will definately be sampling that for supper tonight. The drippings in the bottom of the pan look heavenly...sure would make a good gravy for mashed potatoes! We shall see.

In honor of Uncle Bob I am going to start out my dinner menu with:

Sparkling Wine - then:

I have a chuck roast in the pressure cooker with some beef stock and red wine - red potatoes are cooking for some smashed potatoes with garlic and horseradish - asparagus will be roasting shortly - maybe a simple salad too - like, um - lettuce since I didn't get to the store :rolleyes:

Balsamic-glazed pork chops, spaghetti squash, salad, and sun-dried tomato basil french bread with EVOO/balsamic/herbs

We had pork chops with the onion sauce, mashed potatoes with the sauce over them, peas with sauteed mushrooms.butter and salt and pepper,I didn't have much for salad, so I sliced a cucumber, tossed it in a bowl with rice vinegar,lime juice,sugar,salt, pepper, added some mint leaves and cilantro leaves chilled it then served..pretty tasty. Dessert is going to be something off the top of my head, I roasted some pears in a little butter and honey, then added a little rum, plan to spoon this over some vanilla ice cream, have no idea what it will taste like, :ohmy:

kadesma

kadesma said:
I roasted some pears in a little butter and honey, then added a little rum, plan to spoon this over some vanilla ice cream, have no idea what it will taste like, :ohmy:

kadesma

Oh, I have an idea, kads...delicious!!!:)

Sofie would have like to have eaten with you tonight. She loves peas but I had cooked her some broccoli (which she likes too). Apparently she was in a pea mood: she kept handing the broccoli back to me and saying, "pea-pea! mama, pea-pea!" :LOL:

PA Baker said:
Oh, I have an idea, kads...delicious!!!:)

Sofie would have like to have eaten with you tonight. She loves peas but I had cooked her some broccoli (which she likes too). Apparently she was in a pea mood: she kept handing the broccoli back to me and saying, "pea-pea! mama, pea-pea!" :LOL:
That little sweetie, i sure wish we had audio here so we could tape these little ones..I'd love to here that voice...My three today were eating everything in sight..Started off with the 4 of them for breakfast, sausage and french toast, plus an apple for Ethan, a banana for Carson and Olivia, Cade had just the french toast and sausage and apple juice. Come lunch the boys had pbj's then split a bagel, Livi had beef veggie soup with crackers broken up in it..Then all three had sugar free orange jello that I cut out some of the water and added OJ too..Carson, waited til I was changing Livi and explored the pantry, managed to get and open a reeses p/b cup and split that with Ethan:LOL: Later all three had some tropical flavored no sugar water..When mothers came they all had a bread stick and a slice of thuringer cold meat..
Guess it's time to hit the grocery store before friday:-p

kadesma

Holy cow, kads! They're going to eat you out of house and home (of course who could blame them with the food in your house)!:) :ROFLMAO: And I bet they still went home and had dinner, too!

PA Baker said:
Holy cow, kads! They're going to eat you out of house and home (of course who could blame them with the food in your house)!:) :ROFLMAO: And I bet they still went home and had dinner, too!
Yes, they did:LOL:
kadesma

Since my market had a treasure trove of fresh gorgeous tiny (1"-2") baby okra, I couldn't resist & bought a pound, half of which, sliced, went into a tweaked "Zatarains" jambalaya. I sauteed a package of chicken breasts & a couple of diced jalapeno peppers in some extra-virgin olive oil, then added the Zatarains mix. Ten minutes before it was done, I added in the sliced okra. It was delicious.

Haven't quite decided yet what to do with the remaining half pound of okra pods, but my cockatoo is certainly enjoying them. Boy, does she love okra!!

mudbug said:
JohnL, howdy neighbor! (across the river in VA).

We are probably having leftover Super Bowl chili.

I made this one after the Superbowl.
The venison was given to me by a friend,(I didn't go into field this year) and with the weather that we have been having, I thought chili was the best bet. Turned out really good and helped to chase off the winter chill.
Stay warm on the other side of the river Mudbug:)

Back
Top Bottom