"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-07-2007, 07:18 AM   #1
Executive Chef

What's for dinner, Wed, February 7, 2007?

Dinner tonight for this lass will be probably close to the hotel I'll be staying at in Cancun. It might just be Champs that is in the parking lot by the lobby. Ensalada for me and maybe chips and salsa.
So, beaching, sun, surf and swimming for me tonight and tomorrow. Then tomorrow night it's Boston. So, heat to what? Snow?

So what are you coming up with today?

Try to stay warm...lots of blankets, tea, heater on full blast, and being toasty with your sweetheart.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:29 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Dinner will be Greek sausage cooked with chayote in a spicy tomato sauce and some leftover Hummus. Have bought some fresh locally made bread to go with them.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I`ve got a 2 kilo chunk of the /toughest beef you can imagine, and I`ve had that simmering in beer and water with bay leaves, mustard powder and a couple of stock cubes for the last 3+ hours (I`ll give it another 3).
the smell is fantastic and since it`s suposed to Snow over the next couple of days, I`ll be turning the whole thing into a soup and then a stew, so it`s Soup tonight.
I`ll put in pearl barley and onions when I`ve taken the meat out.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
Head Chef

Spilt pea soup. I stuck it on first thing this morning and just had a mug. Its just me today and tomorrow (I think!) so I thought a bath of soup would be cheerful and healthy and warm and easy to drink in front of a movie or with a book ;)
Old 02-07-2007, 08:59 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Lefslover, I'm envious! Have fun beachin' it! My folks are coming over today - I am making mom's favorite - breaded garlic chicken, roasted potatoes and onions and green beans. For dessert, mom and ds are making cinnamon cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #6
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

We're having leftover pork steak, potatoes / gravy, and roasted garlic broccoli.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #7
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by boufa06
Dinner will be Greek sausage cooked with chayote in a spicy tomato sauce and some leftover Hummus. Have bought some fresh locally made bread to go with them.
Your dinners always sound SO wonderful!

I am trying a recipe a good friend gave me (she's also a great cook). Its for corn moussaka. I just had to make something Greek after reading what Boufa06 is having!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots
Your dinners always sound SO wonderful!

I am trying a recipe a good friend gave me (she's also a great cook). Its for corn moussaka. I just had to make something Greek after reading what Boufa06 is having!
Toots, in case you want to try what I am making tonight, here is the recipe that is somewhat similar to what I am preparing. Since I bought a lot of chayote from the marketplace, I thought it would be a good idea to replace the peppers with them for a change.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #9
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by boufa06
Toots, in case you want to try what I am making tonight, here is the recipe that is somewhat similar to what I am preparing. Since I bought a lot of chayote from the marketplace, I thought it would be a good idea to replace the peppers with them for a change.
What would be a good substitute for the greek spicy sausages? Would Italian sausages work or perish the thought?
thanks - this sounds good.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots
What would be a good substitute for the greek spicy sausages? Would Italian sausages work or perish the thought?
thanks - this sounds good.
No problem with using Italian sausages. If they are not spicy, add a bit more chilli powder and 1/2 tsp of ground cumin to the sauce.