What's for dinner Wed May 17, '17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something with more of the fresh tomatoes from my sister's garden. I don't know what, yet, but I am leaning toward pasta. Maybe I'll sauté some red peppers, garlic and diced tomatoes in olive oil, and toss that with some spaghetti. A little freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and a chiffonade of basil from my garden to top it off.

CD

Truffled crawfish mac and cheese. Fontina and gruyere were the main cheeses, with parm in the panko mixture for the topping.

A large salad with creamy salsa dressing and the last cup of beans and greens.

Creamy Salsa Dressing - combine two parts Ortega mild chunky salsa with 1 part sour cream and 1 part mayonnaise, more or less. :yum:

We had frikadeller with potatoes and pickled beets. I made the frikadelle mix last night, so one less thing to do today, especially since it has to go in the fridge for a while in any case.

Does anyone know another word in English for "forcemeat". That's the translation for "fars" from Danish. I have never actually heard anyone use the term. It's when you mix up ground meat with other stuff to make into meatballs, or meatloaf, or sausage, or frikadeller, etc.

Does anyone know another word in English for "forcemeat". That's the translation for "fars" from Danish. I have never actually heard anyone use the term. It's when you mix up ground meat with other stuff to make into meatballs, or meatloaf, or sausage, or frikadeller, etc.

I've heard the term forcemeat before, but never had occasion to use it. It might be more common in the restaurant or sausage-making industries. I don't know of another word for it. I found this interesting: https://www.thespruce.com/what-is-forcemeat-995684

Tonight's dinner at Steve's (my dad):
Beef tongue, pork bellies, sirloin, salmon, nasubi, kabocha, etc.... IMG_0155.jpg

My nephew-in-law posted a photo of shrimp scampi on Facebook last night. In spite of the fact that I had no interest in cooking, I dragged some shrimp from the freezer this afternoon and cleaned them up. It looked like he had enough shrimp to feed a small village in the photo. I took enough out to make the whole wheat pasta look pretty. Added a salad and called it a meal.

Attachments

• 20170517_220414.jpg
    20170517_220414.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 128

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom