"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
Master Chef
 
getoutamykitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasco County, Florida
Posts: 5,658
What's for dinner, Wednesday 02/24/2010

What's on your plates tonight?

Mine depends on UPS!

If they deliver my new Cuisinart Grill, then I promised my son the first meal would be hotdogs with coleslaw, BBQ beans, and potato salad.

Can't wait, I'm soooo excited!

__________________

__________________
Finally things have started clicking for me, my knees, my elbows, my back, etc...
getoutamykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Master Chef
 
FrankZ's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 9,633
I have had the dinner dependent on UPS. When I checked the tracking it said the package was delivered but it wasn't here. Calling UPS they promised that they would pick it up (the figured out where it was) and redeliver the next day.

I told them that wasn't good enough and the woman on the phone started company canned response #2. I interrupted her and told her there were live animals in the package. Yeah, that got her attention and was actually quite a funny reaction.

My birthday. My lobsters. And they got here that day. The driver did try to redeliver them two doors down though but you know the sound of the brown truck when it hits your street.

Good luck on the grill.
__________________

__________________
"First you start with a pound of bologna..."
-My Grandmother on how to make ham salad.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
Master Chef
 
getoutamykitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasco County, Florida
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
I have had the dinner dependent on UPS. When I checked the tracking it said the package was delivered but it wasn't here. Calling UPS they promised that they would pick it up (the figured out where it was) and redeliver the next day.

I told them that wasn't good enough and the woman on the phone started company canned response #2. I interrupted her and told her there were live animals in the package. Yeah, that got her attention and was actually quite a funny reaction.

My birthday. My lobsters. And they got here that day. The driver did try to redeliver them two doors down though but you know the sound of the brown truck when it hits your street.

Good luck on the grill.
They've only mis-delivered one thing in the 38 years I've lived here. Here's hoping the odds don't change.

Good idea using the live animal excuse, I'll remember that one.
__________________
Finally things have started clicking for me, my knees, my elbows, my back, etc...
getoutamykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
Master Chef
 
FrankZ's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 9,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
They've only mis-delivered one thing in the 38 years I've lived here. Here's hoping the odds don't change.

Good idea using the live animal excuse, I'll remember that one.
I think that was the only bad delivery here as well. And it wasn't an excuse! two live lobsters from Maine for my birthday. Oh yeah, they were good eating. :)

And I have a promise of lobster whenever I want it from Valentines Day.
__________________
"First you start with a pound of bologna..."
-My Grandmother on how to make ham salad.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: E. Pa.
Posts: 8,281
Probably a ham, mozz cheese , ricotta stuffed calzone.
__________________
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
Master Chef
 
getoutamykitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasco County, Florida
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
My birthday. My lobsters. And they got here that day. The driver did try to redeliver them two doors down though but you know the sound of the brown truck when it hits your street.
Opps! Sorry, read it wrong!
__________________
Finally things have started clicking for me, my knees, my elbows, my back, etc...
getoutamykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA,Maryland
Posts: 1,189
I'm not sure yet, but it will be something with leftover chicken.
__________________
"You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand. The things you think are precious I can't understand" STEELY DAN.
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,925
I am feeling a little better today - even went shopping with Dad and DH - so I plan to cook tonight but have no idea what yet. Probably something simple like shepherd's pie.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Uncle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Small Town Mississippi
Posts: 17,392
Chicken stir Fry.....
Rice......
Chocolate Ice Cream....
__________________
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
Master Chef
 
getoutamykitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasco County, Florida
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
What's on your plates tonight?

Mine depends on UPS!

If they deliver my new Cuisinart Grill, then I promised my son the first meal would be hotdogs with coleslaw, BBQ beans, and potato salad.

Can't wait, I'm soooo excited!
Got tired of waiting for UPS to deliver my new grill, so I turned on the oven to broil the hotdogs and low a behold, look who pulls into my drive-way?
__________________

__________________
Finally things have started clicking for me, my knees, my elbows, my back, etc...
getoutamykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.