What's for dinner, Wednesday 02/24/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getoutamykitchen

Master Chef
What's on your plates tonight?

Mine depends on UPS!

If they deliver my new Cuisinart Grill, then I promised my son the first meal would be hotdogs with coleslaw, BBQ beans, and potato salad.

Can't wait, I'm soooo excited!

I have had the dinner dependent on UPS. When I checked the tracking it said the package was delivered but it wasn't here. Calling UPS they promised that they would pick it up (the figured out where it was) and redeliver the next day.

I told them that wasn't good enough and the woman on the phone started company canned response #2. I interrupted her and told her there were live animals in the package. Yeah, that got her attention and was actually quite a funny reaction.

My birthday. My lobsters. And they got here that day. The driver did try to redeliver them two doors down though but you know the sound of the brown truck when it hits your street.

Good luck on the grill.

I have had the dinner dependent on UPS. When I checked the tracking it said the package was delivered but it wasn't here. Calling UPS they promised that they would pick it up (the figured out where it was) and redeliver the next day.

I told them that wasn't good enough and the woman on the phone started company canned response #2. I interrupted her and told her there were live animals in the package. Yeah, that got her attention and was actually quite a funny reaction.

My birthday. My lobsters. And they got here that day. The driver did try to redeliver them two doors down though but you know the sound of the brown truck when it hits your street.

Good luck on the grill.

They've only mis-delivered one thing in the 38 years I've lived here. Here's hoping the odds don't change.

Good idea using the live animal excuse, I'll remember that one.

They've only mis-delivered one thing in the 38 years I've lived here. Here's hoping the odds don't change.

Good idea using the live animal excuse, I'll remember that one.

I think that was the only bad delivery here as well. And it wasn't an excuse! two live lobsters from Maine for my birthday. Oh yeah, they were good eating. :)

And I have a promise of lobster whenever I want it from Valentines Day.

I am feeling a little better today - even went shopping with Dad and DH - so I plan to cook tonight but have no idea what yet. Probably something simple like shepherd's pie.

What's on your plates tonight?

Mine depends on UPS!

If they deliver my new Cuisinart Grill, then I promised my son the first meal would be hotdogs with coleslaw, BBQ beans, and potato salad.

Can't wait, I'm soooo excited!

Got tired of waiting for UPS to deliver my new grill, so I turned on the oven to broil the hotdogs and low a behold, look who pulls into my drive-way?

Got tired of waiting for UPS to deliver my new grill, so I turned on the oven to broil the hotdogs and low a behold, look who pulls into my drive-way?
Murphy's Law. Maybe you should have turned the broiler on sooner?:LOL: In any event, sounds like a baseball-watching/listening kind of meal. Guess you're in Spring Training!;)

I had a last minute change of plans, so I had to throw dinner together with what I had on hand. For some reason, that's almost always mac'n'cheese.

found some good med. cheddar cheese in fridg. so grilled cheese it is, few chips , and lemonade. not all that interested in cooking anything more. been sewing and am tired. choco chip cookies for dessert or cinnamon ice cream. maybe both

Homemade Chowning's Tavern Brunswick Stew Recipe in my own hand-made-by-me bowl! Made a HUGE batch last night and heated tonight's share all over my glass cooktop.:(
28872-albums241-picture2201.jpg

Cornflake chicken breasts, baked potatoes and a green salad. Simple down home cooking tonight.

Rummaging around in the freezer for a couple of burgers for dinner, I found only one half-pound package of ground beef. Further investigation revealed a half-pound package of ground pork.

I seasoned the combination with some Penzeys 4S seasoned salt and pan fried them in my CI skillet. We had them with some cole slaw and a cold beer.

Back
Top Bottom