What's For Dinner Wednesday 03/24/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SO has had a craving for steak. I told her since we didn't have steak, we could have burgers. She didn't think burgers were a reasonable substitute for steak (imagine that) but will settle for burgers.

I'm going to surprise her. Later I'll pick up a couple of steaks and some asparagus for our dinner tonight.

First of all, I feel like cooking which is a great bonus!

I am making an early Easter dinner because my Dad is taking us out that weekend and he loves a home made ham dinner. Not sure about the rest of it, but ham is the centre of the meal.. Will report back with more details.

First of all, I feel like cooking which is a great bonus!
I am making an early Easter dinner because my Dad is taking us out that weekend and he loves a home made ham dinner. Not sure about the rest of it, but ham is the centre of the meal.. Will report back with more details.

GREAT news that you are feeling up to cooking!!!! :) Yaaa! We are going to have Ham next week for Easter too, probably asparagus and scalloped potatoes.

But..in the immediate food-future, TONIGHT I am making baked chicken, Simply lightly coated with evoo and seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika. Mixed veggies and baked potato as sides and maybe a spinach and carrot salad from the garden.

Doing tomato rice soup.....homemade.....breaded tilapia....store bought, frozen and baked....baked sweet potatoes....maybe some corn niblets. A pino grigio....and hubby will nibble on biscotti etc. when he's thru'....he's a big "nosher".....Hmmmm, how can I explain "nosher".....sorta likes sweets and all kinds of desserts etc. etc and loves to nosh after meals....LOL

I haven't cooked for a few days....(grrrr, dang diet)
Tonight we'll have a low cal version of Chicken Parm with pasta for him, and no pasta for me. It will feel good to make it anyway. My sweet husband is just the best!! We'll also have more of that wonderful 79cents a lb. roasted asparagus.
A salad for both of us, and garlic toast for him. It will be good to be in the kitchen again. :chef:
P.S. Ella, I'll be having that glass of vino while cooking......I love to cook with wine, sometimes I even put it in food.

Last edited:
Okay, I wasn't up to figuring out scalloped potatoes that would fit all our diets so I am making my pan fries (described them a couple of days ago I think) and grilled pineapple rings to go with the ham which is now baking. Asparagus for DH and I and salad for Dad.

We had macaroni and cheese with meatballs.
img_885989_0_03f34486f78c82e7e70de37b530794f2.jpg

Tonight I had the worst mussels I've ever eaten. Ugh. The sauce was good, however, and I had it over linguine (butter/white wine/garlic/shallots/saffron).

I made an alfredo sauce over pasta with some sauteed mushrooms. Served with a small Caesar on the side.

Chuck pot roast with a sour cream / paprika gravy over buttered broad noodles and a side of coleslaw washed down with 2 Sam Adams and followed 3 hours later with made from scratch chocolate pudding and heavy cream.

Last time I made lasagna I fixed three pans worth...two went into the freezer for "another night". Last night was one of those "another" nights. Baked it up and fixed a salad. Gave me time to do other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom