What's for dinner? Wednesday 10-8-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll be having a fish taco (again...:LOL:), with Spanish rice and refried beans on the side. I'm out of canned refried beans, so I used canned black beans. Mushed them up a little and added chopped jalapeno and onions, and a little hot sauce. They're simmering now and smell wonderful.

What's everyone having this evening? :chef:

Fish, here, too. Baked Cod on mixed vegetables...
mlOq1GT.jpg

Nice, guys!

We had scrambled eggs with scallions and bacon, and DH finished the last of the chowdah, thank goodness.

Rock, that looks very good. :yum:

Kay, I looked at the link you posted for Chicken Marsala....sounds wonderful. It reminds me of my daughter's wedding, that was one of the dishes she had catered and it was fantastic. Haven't had it since, but I would love to. Thanks for posting the T and T recipe. :)

cheryl, my wife would like to move in with you if she can eat fish tacos every night.

rock, dude, :clap:

dw made torkey meataloaf tonight and mashed spuds. it was good, but i was craving indian so i'm on my way to a bangladeshi hot table on 10th.

you get a 1/2 clamshell container of rice with 3 sides to fill it out. i usually get chicken tikka over the rice, then a side of goat rogan josh, and a side of spinach with potatoes or chickpeas. also, i order a freshly baked roti, and get a side of spiced raw onions and a couple of tiny, extremely hot peppers. all for $11, plus $2 for the kid that works the table and has to deal with hungry and rushed south asian cabbies all night.

Rock, that looks very good. :yum:

Kay, I looked at the link you posted for Chicken Marsala....sounds wonderful. It reminds me of my daughter's wedding, that was one of the dishes she had catered and it was fantastic. Haven't had it since, but I would love to. Thanks for posting the T and T recipe. :)

Cheryl, I promise that simple recipe will be one you'll go to time and again.
You'll love it !

I really enjoy Chicken Marsala Kayelle. That recipe is close to mine, but I toss in a couple of garlic cloves-halved, and a sprig of rosemary while I'm frying out the chicken.

I used some of the leftover ham from yesterday and turned it into a cheesy scalloped potato and ham casserole. We had a pile of broccoli along side.

This is a favorite of my family as well. When I first started making this dish, one time I finished it with a little heavy cream instead of butter jus to see how it came out. The gang all liked it so much, I have to make it with the cream now. It's not a bad thing, just not authentic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom