What's for Dinner? Wednesday 17th of Oktober

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I'm in the mood for something without meat. Making some omelettes with sharp white cheddar, spinach and tomatoes. Served with baby green salad.

I put a pound of great northern beans to soak last night before bed. They'll join a mess 'o onions, a huge ham shank and some spices and simmer all day for one of our area's typical dishes...white beans and ham.

I'm about to get the ingredients together to make a pan of cornmeal yeast rolls, which are among Glenn's favorite breads. I typically make cornbread but we had that recently and we haven't had the rolls in a while.

I'll probably add a salad for something green. We'll have our usual iced tea to drink and more of the peanut butter cookies for dessert. The cookies are lasting longer than I'd anticipated.

I'm going to try "Greg Who Cooks" Jalapeno Poppers. Found some peppers from Morocco at the supermarket and can't wait for dinner!

I put a pound of great northern beans to soak last night before bed. They'll join a mess 'o onions, a huge ham shank and some spices and simmer all day for one of our area's typical dishes...white beans and ham.

I'm about to get the ingredients together to make a pan of cornmeal yeast rolls, which are among Glenn's favorite breads. I typically make cornbread but we had that recently and we haven't had the rolls in a while.

I'll probably add a salad for something green. We'll have our usual iced tea to drink and more of the peanut butter cookies for dessert. The cookies are lasting longer than I'd anticipated.

Hot damn Girl! That sounds fabulous :pig: Haven't had good ham and beans in ages! Trying to watch my cholesterol :( And corn rolls, I can almost taste them!

Last edited:
Soup & salad.
Spinach, apple (granny smith and golden delicious), walnuts, & red onion, honey mustard vinaigrette dressing.
Healthy Request New England clam chowder.

Last edited:
Hopefully braised short ribs with sweet potato mash (didn't have it yesterday) and salad.

If I don't get it ready then it will be for tomorrow and we will have polish dogs with salad and chips :)

Defrosting a meal of tomato sauce with meatballs. It'll go nicely over some penne or spaghetti.

I've got a big pot of pea soup on the go. I will also put some ground beef in with homemade tomato sauce to go over pasta. I haven't decide which one I will eat today. I'm going to a yoga class at 630 and I don't like to have too much in my tummy when I go. The family can choose whatever they want to eat. We're scattered to the ends of the earth at dinnertime tonight. Phooey. I hate that.

Beef marrow for dinner tonight.

Oh Yum!!!! I love roasting my beef marrow bones with aromat, black pepper and a splash of w/sauce and serving it with warm toast and butter.
Cholesterol heaven! I always ask them not to trim the bones so that the bits of meat go crisp and chewy while roasting.

I was at the hospital with Steve for hours, so my dinner was a chocolate milk and a packet of chips :ohmy: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom