"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
Master Chef

At first I thought I would be cooking fish tonight but there was a request to wait until tomorrow for the fish. The yungun went fishing last night and brought home some shark and crabs. I got home from work this afternoon and he was cooking the crabs but had to go to work this evening. The shark is cleaned and only needs the skin removed to cook. He asked me to wait to cook it tomorrow when he'll be home to eat it. The crabs are done and cooling. I guess I will pick the meat out but I'm sure there's not enough for dinner. There's only 4 crabs. I may just do up some hot dogs for tonight with the potato salad. I get out of work early tomorrow and will have much more time to deal with the seafood.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

It all sounds lovely Jab, nice fresh seafood....and hot dogs YUM!!

Because of you and Katy, I am now craving for a hot dog

Not that I am complaining though

Old 07-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
You are very good not to force your daughter to eat lobster! I hope you don't force feed her caviar or truffles either??

Today we had hot dogs. (So not a lot of cooking other than slicing and fryng the onions!)
Yum...hot dogs
Old 07-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post

Because of you and Katy, I am now craving for a hot dog

Not that I am complaining though
Tee hee!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #15
Sous Chef

I'm going to pick up some pre-marinated kalbi ribs and yakitori chicken skewers from my grocery store for the grill. Ramen coleslaw on the side.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We ordered pizza.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #17
Executive Chef

I bought all the fixings for hamburgers. I usually make "beast" burgers 1/2 pound or so, but I think tonight I'll make two 1/4 pounders and not go so heavy on the other stuff. Oh, did I day bacon?

I'll probably have chili corn on the cob as a side dish.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Home made ham salad sandwiches and mostly green bean 3 bean salad. Orange sherbet.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:55 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Went out for dinner with my BFF, for her b'day. I had the Schnitzel Oscar with German fried potatoes, red cabbage and creamed spinach......not bad, I almost licked the plate ;). I'm not sure what DH had tonight, but my money is on hot dogs (he loves 'em) I got home about 10:00 and was a little worried that I was going to have to sleep in my car, as the door between the garage and the laundry room entrance was inexplicably locked.....(I rarely carry a house key as I always enter thru the garage and we only lock this door when we retire for the night) I went round to the kitchen door which is 3/4 glass and DH was walking thru a dark kitchen on his way to bed. I was able to knock and get him to let me in. Phew! I knew that if he had gone to bed, I would have a hard time waking him, he has been sleeping in the spare room in the basement (bad back, bed is better down there) it's practically sound proof as it is styrofoam block construction. Anyway, "All's well that ends well" and I will be carrying my key from now on!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #20
Master Chef

Well you could have called the police to break you into your own home! Just so long as there isn't a gun in the house, that is. Glad you and your BFF had such a nice time.

When our kids were little I had just put them down for naps, went out to get the mail, and when I came back and pulled on the storm door the inside door snapped shut. Of course the knobs we had were the kind that didn't unlock when you turned the handle, you had to manually turn the lock mechanism. Ran, in my slippers in the cold, to a neighbor's house five doors down, to call the police. Got me in just as the kids were waking up. So much for Mom getting a break!

Tags
dinner