What's For Dinner Wednesday 24th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol! CG. I could have called the "coppers" but I would never "live it down", since I work with those guys, I'm sure I would never hear the end if it! As it turns out, I realized later that DH leaves the motorhome keys in the garage, so " worst case scenario". I could have slept out there. Hmm..... Just thinking though, I stripped the bed on the weekend and haven't remade it.......no jammie's out there either......maybe not such a good idea after all ;)

My daughter "isn't crazy about lobster". And we wouldn't want to abuse her by forcing her to eat lobster. She's got it pretty rough, let me tell ya....:rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's a hard life for some :LOL:
We managed to get her to choke down half of her tail.....I didn't protest too loudly because I got the other half...:LOL:

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 154
Last night I grilled a ribeye, garlic bread and some crimini mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese & jalapenos and topped with diced Canadian bacon. I also heated up a small dish of the gruyere mac & cheese topped with panko and parm that I made the night before.
Three ears of corn also found their way onto the grill, but by the time I got to trying to eat them they found themselves being put into the fridge. I'm curious to see if I can husk them, shave the corn off and how it will taste.

Pac, I've only had the frozen fire roasted corn from TJs but it is tasty! I've used it in a hearty salad with black beans, chick peas, seeded cuke, diced chicken, chunks of tomato...lots of yummy things, plus some crusty bread on the side. And cheese. Mustn't forget the cheese. Just sayin'...:yum:

Yeah, it should be OK. The only thing that has me concerned is that I did not shuck it last night. I wasn't sure if it would pick up a "green" taste being left in the husk.

Last night I grilled a ribeye, garlic bread and some crimini mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese & jalapenos and topped with diced Canadian bacon.
:yum:

I also heated up a small dish of the gruyere mac & cheese topped with panko and parm that I made the night before.
Also :yum:

Three ears of corn also found their way onto the grill, but by the time I got to trying to eat them they found themselves being put into the fridge. I'm curious to see if I can husk them, shave the corn off and how it will taste.

I'm curious too! Do report back when you have tried it! :)

Pac, I've only had the frozen fire roasted corn from TJs but it is tasty! I've used it in a hearty salad with black beans, chick peas, seeded cuke, diced chicken, chunks of tomato...lots of yummy things, plus some crusty bread on the side. And cheese. Mustn't forget the cheese. Just sayin'...:yum:

A woman after my own heart! Cheese is marvellous stuff! :yum::)

Katy, maybe we should get the same cardiologist. That way when our hearts seize up from all that yummy goodness we can at least share a room. ;) And cheese recipes. :LOL:

Ah, but cheese is chock full of protein and vitamins and calcium. ;)

(Anyway, I don't think I can afford a US cardiologist!)

A woman after my own heart! Cheese is marvellous stuff! :yum::)

I'm a big cheese lover myself. I scoured the refrigerator last night for some gruyere to top the mushrooms with, then realized I must have used it all in the mac and cheese :wacko: Too expensive to keep on hand all the time though.

I'm a big cheese lover myself. I scoured the refrigerator last night for some gruyere to top the mushrooms with, then realized I must have used it all in the mac and cheese :wacko: Too expensive to keep on hand all the time though.

Another cheese lover! :D

I know what you mean though - it's astonishing how expensive cheese is. Gruyere is a great "melty" cheese with a good strong flavour - I bet it was lovely with the macaroni!

Katy, my Steve loves Red Leicester cheese, which of course is made over there :)

We can get it here as it is imported but it is sooooo expensive, not fair!

Back
Top Bottom