What's For Dinner Wednesday 24th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hump Day Home Cookin' (or take-out, or dine out...)

No video Kylie? Alix and I decided we need to do videos right now, so here's mine (not a song, but we crack up every time we see in on TV):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBhP0EQ1lA

I have two double-thick pork chops. Might quick brine and grill if we get a tank and propane. If not, still undecided if I'll stuff and bake or pan cook with a marsala sauce. I know I'M having Bear Claw ice cream for dessert. ;)

That is cool, video away :LOL:

We are having some lovely crusty bread that I bought with dinner too...love fresh bread :yum:

I have zucchini slaw (one of my favorite ways to eat zucchini since I have tons of French tarragon in the herb garden):

Recipe Search Results

And a 4-bean salad prepped. I noticed a package of tiger shrimp in the freezer when I grabbed the zippie for the dogs' breakfast...hmmm...might toss those on the grill and call it a meal.

A few weeks ago, my mother mentioned that she had never eaten lobster. I picked up some tails from work and we will have them today with some shared T bones, because my daughter "isn't crazy about lobster". And we wouldn't want to abuse her by forcing her to eat lobster. She's got it pretty rough, let me tell ya....:rolleyes:

Not sure what we will round the meal out with, but it will probably be salad and some kind of taters.

I have to drop my car off for service tonight and SO is picking me up after work so dinner will be burgers on the grill and fresh picked corn on the cob.

My daughter "isn't crazy about lobster". And we wouldn't want to abuse her by forcing her to eat lobster. She's got it pretty rough, let me tell ya....:rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's a hard life for some :LOL:

My daughter "isn't crazy about lobster". And we wouldn't want to abuse her by forcing her to eat lobster. She's got it pretty rough, let me tell ya....:rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's a hard life for some :LOL:

You are very good not to force your daughter to eat lobster! I hope you don't force feed her caviar or truffles either?? :LOL::LOL:

Today we had hot dogs. (So not a lot of cooking other than slicing and fryng the onions!)

It's Wednesday - time for dinner out with friends! DH is on his own. We're heading back to our regular haunt, with the 50-cent tacos, half-price drinks and $11.99 for a pound of steamed shrimp. I may go for the burger, though.

At first I thought I would be cooking fish tonight but there was a request to wait until tomorrow for the fish. The yungun went fishing last night and brought home some shark and crabs. I got home from work this afternoon and he was cooking the crabs but had to go to work this evening. The shark is cleaned and only needs the skin removed to cook. He asked me to wait to cook it tomorrow when he'll be home to eat it. The crabs are done and cooling. I guess I will pick the meat out but I'm sure there's not enough for dinner. There's only 4 crabs. I may just do up some hot dogs for tonight with the potato salad. I get out of work early tomorrow and will have much more time to deal with the seafood.

It all sounds lovely Jab, nice fresh seafood....and hot dogs YUM!! :yum:

Because of you and Katy, I am now craving for a hot dog :LOL:

Not that I am complaining though :ROFLMAO:

You are very good not to force your daughter to eat lobster! I hope you don't force feed her caviar or truffles either?? :LOL::LOL:

Today we had hot dogs. (So not a lot of cooking other than slicing and fryng the onions!)

Yum...hot dogs :yum: :yum:

I'm going to pick up some pre-marinated kalbi ribs and yakitori chicken skewers from my grocery store for the grill. Ramen coleslaw on the side.

I bought all the fixings for hamburgers. I usually make "beast" burgers 1/2 pound or so, but I think tonight I'll make two 1/4 pounders and not go so heavy on the other stuff. Oh, did I day bacon? :)

I'll probably have chili corn on the cob as a side dish.

Went out for dinner with my BFF, for her b'day. I had the Schnitzel Oscar with German fried potatoes, red cabbage and creamed spinach......not bad, I almost licked the plate ;). I'm not sure what DH had tonight, but my money is on hot dogs (he loves 'em) I got home about 10:00 and was a little worried that I was going to have to sleep in my car, as the door between the garage and the laundry room entrance was inexplicably locked.....(I rarely carry a house key as I always enter thru the garage and we only lock this door when we retire for the night) I went round to the kitchen door which is 3/4 glass and DH was walking thru a dark kitchen on his way to bed. I was able to knock and get him to let me in. Phew! I knew that if he had gone to bed, I would have a hard time waking him, he has been sleeping in the spare room in the basement (bad back, bed is better down there) it's practically sound proof as it is styrofoam block construction. Anyway, "All's well that ends well" and I will be carrying my key from now on!

Well you could have called the police to break you into your own home! Just so long as there isn't a gun in the house, that is. :ermm: Glad you and your BFF had such a nice time.

When our kids were little I had just put them down for naps, went out to get the mail, and when I came back and pulled on the storm door the inside door snapped shut. :ohmy: Of course the knobs we had were the kind that didn't unlock when you turned the handle, you had to manually turn the lock mechanism. Ran, in my slippers in the cold, to a neighbor's house five doors down, to call the police. Got me in just as the kids were waking up. So much for Mom getting a break! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom