What's for Dinner? Wednesday 26th of September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because nobody ever saw spaghetti and green beans before :-p

Attachments

• spaghetti.jpg
    spaghetti.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 162
Green beans rock :punk:
:LOL:

I think that's what I'm going to have tonight, MsM, with some diced potatoes added, too. One pot/happy camper.

Green beans rock :punk:
:LOL:

I think that's what I'm going to have tonight, MsM, with some diced potatoes added, too. One pot/happy camper.

When Dad was alive picking ONE green vegetable for a family dinner was a mission for Robert Irvine (impossible). My sister will not eat peas - fresh, frozen, and especially not canned! But she loves beans, broccoli and brussel sprouts. My Dad would only eat beans or peas. DH will eat loads of peas and one or two sprigs of broccoli as long as it is barely steamed (lots if it is raw). I eat and love them all! But fresh green beans are one of my all time favourites!

Anyway, I usually made peas for Dad and DH and brussel sprouts for my sister and I because we didn't really get them otherwise! Sometimes I would switch out the sprouts for beans!

Last edited:
I too love green beans, but by the end of the garden season, I'm sooooo sick of processing beans (I freeze them). I like them tossed with EVOO and turmeric; with a smidgen of butter and S&P; breaded and panfried; blanched and in bean salad; with almonds and sauteed garlic; with mushrooms; almonds, garlic and butter...but never with cream of mushroom soup.

Man, that sounds rough, Laurie.
But then... my mother used to make two kinds of Swiss steak, the kind she and I liked with an onion and brown sauce, and the kind my father and sister liked that was tomato based, lol. And of course green beans!

Back
Top Bottom