What's for Dinner? Wednesday 26th of September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Haven't started a dinner thread in ages lol!

Hubby is coming home at 11pm tonight since he's in Cape Town for work.

I'm going to make some homemade burgers with soft poached eggs and salad for the kids and I. Hubby will have to go without the egg, I'm sooo not making eggs at 11 pm!

SO and I are collaborating on chicken dinner pies. I cooked and deboned the chicken yesterday. Ill be making the filling today. SO will make the crusts, assemble and bake the pies this evening.

Planning split pea soup with bacon and smoked ham and homemade bread.

Mac and cheeseburger casserole. I have lots of different cheeses to use in the sauce, so it should be really good. I'm trying to decide whether to season the hamburger with taco seasoning or add chili powder for a chili mac.

I have a couple game hens defrosting. Probably asparagus for the vegetable. I'm debating whether to bake a couple small potatoes. We have done really well this week, but this weekend will be kind of a high starch weekend (James' birthday, which will probably include spaghetti, plus an ice cream cake at his party, and I will make his favorite cake at home just for us), but since we are almost out of food, I probably will do the potatoes (with sour cream).

I picked up a Mock Crab-cake from Whole Food's Hot Bar. I'll have a little Sauvignon Blanc with it. I wish I had their recipe...it tastes exactly like a real Maryland Crab-cake.

Mac and cheeseburger casserole. I have lots of different cheeses to use in the sauce, so it should be really good. I'm trying to decide whether to season the hamburger with taco seasoning or add chili powder for a chili mac.

Zhizara, I season mine with lemon pepper. Once I had the hamburger already cooked with the lemon pepper for another dish and just dumped the leftovers into the mac'n'cheese. The original meal the meat was made for was never made again and I can't even remember what it was! But the mac'n'cheese with lemon pepper hamburger was a hit and I get fussed at if I don't add the lemon pepper now!

We're having left overs. DS has a cold and is trying real hard to share it with DH and me. We have to stay healthy since we're visiting his elderly parents this weekend! Slept most of the afternoon so not much time to cook.

We've been good all week, so we got Hardee's Little Thick Burgers, 2 for $4 with coupon. I :heart: Hardee's.

I found a cache of hot venison sausage in the freezer yesterday, so today I'm turning 1lb of it into spaghetti sauce. There will be green beans and garlic bread to round things out... lots of green beans...

Roasted red pepper soup with a salad of pears, Gorgonzola, and candied walnuts.
Decided to have a stuffed salmon roll instead of the soup.

img_1189731_0_528de9321f697deb21d27123797019a5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom