What's for Dinner? Wednesday 31st of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Making some of my chakalaka eggs on toast since I have chakalaka I made last week in my fridge.
Banana bread for pudding. Had some banana's that needed to be used asap!

It is still Tuesday here, but I already know what we are having Wednesday. I got a small ham so I can have some left for sandwiches. I am going to bake it and serve with broiled fresh pineapple (with a bit of grown sugar and cinnamon), rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.

It is still Tuesday here, but I already know what we are having Wednesday. I got a small ham so I can have some left for sandwiches. I am going to bake it and serve with broiled fresh pineapple (with a bit of grown sugar and cinnamon), rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.

Sounds lovely :yum:
It's 8:30 am here. Just took my banana bread out of the oven. Felt like baking with all the talk of banana bread on DC.
I had 5 bananas that had to be used, no vanilla extract and expired baking powder and no baking soda. Tested the baking powder and it still fizzed so I improvised.
I used 5 bananas, a small tub of white chocolate yogurt I had in the fridge, 3/4 of a cup of brown sugar, 1 and a half tsp of baking powder, 1 beaten egg, 1/4 cup of butter and 1 and a half cups of AP flour and a pinch of salt.
Wasn't sure if it would work without a recipe or the right ingredients but the bread looks gorgeous and smells heavenly. Nice and moist, very dark and perfectly risen. Glad I tried, turned out lovely by chance :LOL:

Our grandson Steven and his parents are coming here to T or T as we have a lot of homes crammed into a small space (town house condos). Dinner will be steak tips and salad.

Steven also likes to hand out candy after he's done and comments on all the costumes.

My fridge is starting to look like a hotsauce and relish factory. Made the pickled Jalapeno's yesterday and made chilli and onion relish and hot sauce today. Have loads of chakalaka in the fridge and homemade curry paste and atchar.
Chilli lovers heaven lol! Think we'll use a few tonight with the chakalaka eggs yum!

I'm making sloppy joes and a vineagar based sweet sour cabbage slaw.

Keeping my fingers away from the candy bowl until the trick and treaters begin their annual trek through the neighborhood.

Wing of bat, eye of newt, drool of ghoul with sassafras root.:yum: Happy All Hallows Eve!;)

we'll have a Frankensupper. A little of this, a little of that all put together to make a meal. The fridge is busting at the seams so need to clear out the leftovers. With the trick or treaters coming by, it will be easy to warm up and eat while handing out candy.

I have just roasted a whole chicken.
Inside the chicken two pieces of smoked bacon, one whole lemon, thyme, rosemary, few garlic cloves, hot pimenton de la vera and salt. Between the skin and the meat - butter. I put it in a baking bag and roasted until golden brown. And tomorrow - chicken sandwiches ;)

Since it's our wedding anniversary, we're having grilled sirloin steaks, baked potatoes and a special salad of mixed greens, red onion, red grapes, mandarin oranges, feta cheese, strawberries, with strawberry-vinaigrette dressing. Red wine to drink and a very small version of our wedding cake for dessert.

I'm thinking of going with a new flavor tonight. Something that used to be popular in the bars long ago, honey & mustard wings. I've got honey. I've got mustard. It can't be too hard to figure out :rolleyes:

Fun size Snickers, Milky Way, Reeses, and Nestle Crunch, along with a nice Cabernet. Love Halloween!

Happy anniversary, Katie and DH of Katie!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom