What's for dinner? Wednesday 8-15-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Using up refrigerator bin produce here. Loaded up veggie salad, watermelon and mango on the side. What's everyone having? :chef:

Had to be away from home most of the day so I depended on my trusty crock-pot to provide.

Did some surfing on the Internet for pork chop recipes and came up with this one. Had all the elements we enjoy so it was the one I decided to prepare.

The only thing that I couldn't do was to cook it on HIGH for such a short time since I was going to be away a lot longer than the suggested cooking time.

I decided that since the chops were going to be browned before adding to the crock-pot, I'd use LOW.

Glad I did. This recipe is truly a keeper. The chops were moist and tender (not mushy) and all the veggies were perfect. The flavor profile was excellent.

This recipe is definitely a "keeper."

We had sausage ravioli with tomato sauce. I also munched on some cucumber spears for a cold crispy contrast.

I made chopped wedge salads, then we worked over some of the leftover seafood salads. Himself had one of each, while I made a tuna melt sandwich on peasant (white) bread.

We met up with some neighbors at a local seafood restaurant for their 3rd Wednesday Sushi & Tunes night. DH and I shared a scallop & jalapeño roll appetizer. Then I had shrimp tempura tacos and DH had fish tempura tacos. It was half price wine night, too. Fun.
0815181943.jpg0815181943_HDR.jpg

I had a craving for nachos, and I had everything except the tortilla chips, but 7-Eleven is just a few blocks away. I used ground beef seasoned with Fiesta fajita seasoning, and some jalapeños from the backyard. I grated some cheddar, because it was what I had in the fridge... and I like cheddar on nachos.

CD

A carpenter friend came over last night to put up some out door blinds on our back deck..He talks about as much as my GF so when the two get together they can go on forever..I had a mixed green salad (with cheese and olives, etc.) ready with some garlic bread. They were taking too long so I ate my half..lol..I used my sore foot as an excuse not to go out and talk..I probably wouldn't have gotten a word in edgewise anyway..:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom