What's for dinner? Wednesday 9-28-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm oven roasting some chicken thighs, seasoned with Penzeys BBQ3000 and a little extra roasted garlic. Either asparagus or broccoli will be a veggie side (need to see which needs used up first), and I have a hankering for roasted potatoes so that will be on the menu, too.

What's on your plate? :chef:

DH is on day 3 of his business dinners, so just me again. Got a nice head of cauliflower, so as is my wont, I made enough roasted cauliflower cheese soup to feed a dozen.

We grilled a whole chicken Sunday, so I used some of it tonight. Sautéed celery and bell peppers, then added a can of cream of chicken soup mixed with mustard, thyme and sage and a couple cups of diced chicken. Will be serving it over mashed potatoes made in the Instant Pot.

We had a salad, plus fresh homemade pasta with a bag from the freezer of the multimeat bolognese from DDD that I copycatted.

Picked up a couple of ribeyes on sale for $5.99/Lb Choice grade end cuts. Grilled them tonight and they were outstanding! SO and I had steamed broccoli and I had some l/o pilaf and a beer.

I spent all day in the "big city" playing with my best friend, so I put some beast in the crock-pot. Added some chopped onions, a can of mushroom pieces (drained) and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Sprinkled half an envelope of dry onion soup mix over all and let everything get acquainted while I was out.

House smelled great and all I had to do was to cook some taters for mashing and cook a green veggie. Great day and came home to an old-fashioned comfort meal. More of the wonderful Breyer's ice cream.

Turkey verde. I was kind of itching for something very different tonight. Pressure cooked turkey tenderloins in a tomatillo sauce, served over rice. I had no idea how this would turn out, as I've never cooked with tomatillos before. Happy with the results, and will do it again. I'm thinking pork next time.

My local Major League baseball team scored 5+ runs yesterday. That means my local Papa Johns pizza is 50% off today! I'll go in and pick it up and pay $8 for a medium sausage and onion pizza. I'll get two meals out of it. :yum:

Last edited:
Leftovers from the load I saved so I could garden. Well, rain or no rain, the leftovers must be gone. So, we each had a small portion of the last of the ham and bean soup, then we had ham, mac-and-cheese, and fresh-cooked broccoli.

img_1482160_0_9a3189df39f8052fc9d244192eca85d4.jpg

Boiled spuds, beef pattie, fried onions, gravy and a salad with apples and walnuts.

img_1482160_1_ada340620d76464d5b31aabc0ee189a3.jpg

Dessert , vanilla icecream and home made apple compote

rock,
I had to google Haluski but am still not sure, did you have cabbage & noodles both, stuffed into the perogies? - along with the mushrooms?

didn't that make for super fat perogies?

Back
Top Bottom