What's For Dinner Wednesday, April 16, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
interesting... do you have a recipe? ive made a few healthy pizza's... all be it not gluten free and would be itnerested as my GF's parents are diabetic.

i usually go with:

- whole wheat pizza dough from TJ's
- basic sauce, w/ fresh tomatoe puree as a base
- Cabot 75% fat free cheese

I don't have a recipe. A friend of mine told me she found it works better just to substitute gluten-free flour for regular, so that's what my first attempt will be. I might add an egg to hold it together better though.

LPBeier said:
I have a lot of great GF recipes for pizza, bread, muffins, cookies, main dishes. One that was a real hit at camp is my GF perogie casserole using Rice lasagna noodles and all the fixings of a perogie! I will try to post some of them but I am really bad at posting my recipes.

I'd love a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. The ones I made yesterday were nasty! I guess I'm just not used to the taste of the rice flour. Maybe I just need a better flour recommendation for things like cookies.

I'd love a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. The ones I made yesterday were nasty! I guess I'm just not used to the taste of the rice flour. Maybe I just need a better flour recommendation for things like cookies.

Actually there are a lot of better and more versatile flours out there now like Aramanth, Sourgum, etc. Becareful because Spelt and Kamut are NOT GF. As soon as I find my chocolate chip recipe I will PM you.

I don't have a recipe. A friend of mine told me she found it works better just to substitute gluten-free flour for regular, so that's what my first attempt will be. I might add an egg to hold it together better though.

Hi, B'sgirl. Are you familiar with the Gluten-Free Goddess site?

She has a few chocolate-chip cookie recipes. HTH.

It's Wednesday night dinner with friends. My town is having its first Restaurant Week, where restaurants offer 3-course, fixed price meals for $20 or $30, so we're heading to a seafood place tonight. DH is driving back from a conference, so he's on his own.

I'm thinking about trying out my new bought-for-myself birthday present....put her together yesterday, I'll call her Genie.

280102306_TtJZ8-M.jpg

I've been eating a lot of heavy beef lately, so unfortunately the ribeyes in the freezer will have to wait (at least until the weekend!) and I might just grill up some really spicy chicken kabob sort of thing.
WooHoo, RP! That's a very nice birthday gift! I think some grilled fish or seafood and grilled veggies would taste fantastic. Grilled pineapple is yummy. Also, salmon in foil pouches - no clean up. Anyway, congrats on your shiny, new toy!

Tonight will be the beef with tomato and pepper stir fry I didn't cook last night.

Off to make the pear pie now. I've been out working in the garden since I got home from work. The pie will be a nice treat after all that hauling and tilling.

I actually have a really good GF pizza crust recipe I will PM you tomorrow. If you don't get it, please remind me!

I'm thinking about trying out my new bought-for-myself birthday present....put her together yesterday, I'll call her Genie.

I've been eating a lot of heavy beef lately, so unfortunately the ribeyes in the freezer will have to wait (at least until the weekend!) and I might just grill up some really spicy chicken kabob sort of thing.

Then you wouldn't mind if I take a spin on your bike. ;)

(Almost called you Mr. McMurphy, had a Cuckoo's Nest moment, lol. Kidding. Nice Grille)

Nice grill, Randall. I just got a new one last year and LOVE it! Just gotta get used to all that heat over the old grill and you'll be set. (nice looking scoot in the background, too)

I'm having a grilled ribeye and baked potato, broccoli, mushrooms, garlic bread and a salad. I'm starving and just waiting for the steak to thaw.....

Cade and I made some pasties today as well as trying some peanut butter cookies with egg, splenda and the Laura Schudders peanut butter the kind you have to stir the oil back into...he wanted to make cookies for his aunty who has diabetes so we divided the dough, his had a mix of peanut butter and chocolate chips in it and for his aunty no chips.. Back to dinner, with the pasties, a tossed salad, watercress,toasted walnuts, dried cranberries and evoo and pomegranite vinegar..dessert, why peanut butter cookies of course:LOL:

kadesma

dinner was dal bukhara, lentils with tomato gravy. during yesterday's Pens game, jake brought us chix nuggets & potatoes, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom