What's For Dinner Wednesday, April 16, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally decent weather - high 70'- going to grill burgers, corn on the cob, fries and coleslaw.

Last edited:
something with chicken breast. I have 30 minutes to be inspired then have to collect the kids from school!

I'm thinking about trying out my new bought-for-myself birthday present....put her together yesterday, I'll call her Genie.

280102306_TtJZ8-M.jpg

I've been eating a lot of heavy beef lately, so unfortunately the ribeyes in the freezer will have to wait (at least until the weekend!) and I might just grill up some really spicy chicken kabob sort of thing.

What a great present, Mr. McMurphy! That looks like an awesome grill. We have a 13-year-old Weber Genesis and are considering replacing it, we've just worn it out--I grill all year long, even here in southeastern Ohio. If you have a whole chicken, you might want to butterfly it (split the breastbone, flatten the chicken) and marinate it in a nice spicy sauce, then grill it the Weber way, on the center of the grill. We do this often and it always comes out delicious. Good luck!

wow, what a gorgeous machine that is..............
don't know as we'll be driving through Colorada.
whenever dinnertime rolls around, it'll be something veggies and salad for me.

We are having grilled burgers and probably a salad. I serve the burgers on grilled portabellas instead of on a roll. I made chocolate pudding frrom sratch this morning, so that will be our treat for the week.

Going to lunch with friends.. so dinner will either be sliced tomatoes or Greek salad....

The G/F wants tofu tonite. Im gonna go with some crispy sweet and spicy tofu over some brown rice and peas... maybe throw some hard boiled eggs on there as well.

My first attempt at gluten-free pizza.

interesting... do you have a recipe? ive made a few healthy pizza's... all be it not gluten free and would be itnerested as my GF's parents are diabetic.

i usually go with:

- whole wheat pizza dough from TJ's
- basic sauce, w/ fresh tomatoe puree as a base
- Cabot 75% fat free cheese

We are having grilled burgers and probably a salad. I serve the burgers on grilled portabellas instead of on a roll. I made chocolate pudding frrom sratch this morning, so that will be our treat for the week.

Hmm, that sounds interesting! Have used portabellas as the "meat" inside a bun, which I love, but never used them as the bun! will have to try it.

My first attempt at gluten-free pizza.

I have a lot of great GF recipes for pizza, bread, muffins, cookies, main dishes. One that was a real hit at camp is my GF perogie casserole using Rice lasagna noodles and all the fixings of a perogie! I will try to post some of them but I am really bad at posting my recipes.

Oh, our dinner? The one from last night - grilled sirloin steak, baked potatoes and corn on the cob with my herb/anchovie butter. Since I have a big doctor's appointment today DH said he will bbq all tonight and I just have to make the butter and ice some leftover cupcakes for dessert!

Still working on the chicken sensational. The casserole makes enough that it will last 2 of us through the week. I split it up so that we have it every other night, even though it's addictive to me I don't want to wear it out. I'm serving it with orange glazed carrots and green salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom