What's for Dinner Wednesday, April 21st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I took the stew beef back I bought that was bad this morning and they were so apologetic they gave me a beautiful roast instead. So, we are having roast beef, gravy, roasted potatoes, carrots and onions and I am in cake mode but hoping to do some fresh bread. I need another veggie or salad but not sure what yet.

So, what's on the menu today for you?

Shrimp marinated in Thai red curry paste/garlic/ginger/lime...probably with pasta and a side of green beans...unless I can think of some other way to prepare them, that sounds good!

Not having it tonight but iv'e got a big pot of bolognese sauce simmering on the stove... I always find that it tastes better after the flavors have married overnight... This ofcourse came about because of the recent thread on this particular sauce...

I usually make it with turkey, because Mom doesn't eat meat, but since she declared she was officially on a diet it's back to full meat for Dad and I... YEAH!!! :):):)

sous vide salmon that was fantastic! so very, very tender! creamed leeks & fennel, also great.
a slice of seafood sausage, couscous/spinach/roasted peppers.

Tonight is a planned left-over night. SO is having the spagetti and the last bbq ribs, i'm have the last half-smoke, mac-n-cheese, and a salad.

I cooked up some store-bought tortellini, topped it with some shredded sharp NY cheddar, bacon bits and a nice drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.

Simple, but effective.

i had a small piece of veal, it was very thin so didn't pound. it was tough. had jasmine rice and green beans. added to the diabetic diet, now i have to do low salt. boo hiss.l think i will just see as an adventure in cooking that way.

Sorry I haven't been here for a couple weeks. I was dealing with apartment mainentance that day. Mark stopped and got a huge assorted sub, and we split that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom