What's for Dinner Wednesday April 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, I'm reverting to breakfast! :rolleyes:

I'm going to have a fried egg sandwich with a slice of cheddar cheese, tomato and bacon.... on the side, baked french fries. Definitely not for my waist-line! :ermm:
This was my dinner, and it was very good. BUT, my eyes were bigger than my stomach!
leer.gif

img_815910_1_a0b74de9210d645b5b706eab96a1878e.jpg

img_815910_2_e12bddc36662aa489ad64fd12798929a.jpg

Mark had leftover beef pasta with a spinach/iceberg salad to start things off.

It looks like a B.E.L.T.. Is it? bacon/egg/lettuce and tomato? Hubs likes those. I don't like egg that much. Can cook the daylights out of them, just don't like to eat them. I think it's the mouth feel.LOL
He took fish oils pills and that helped pretty well but, the doc decided on Lipitor (sp?). He was in the 1500s I think and the last time he was below 100. That stuff is amazing.
The liver and onions was/were a hit last night. I can still smell them in the house. YUCK! :LOL:

It looks like a B.E.L.T.. Is it? bacon/egg/lettuce and tomato? Hubs likes those. I don't like egg that much. Can cook the daylights out of them, just don't like to eat them. I think it's the mouth feel.LOL
He took fish oils pills and that helped pretty well but, the doc decided on Lipitor (sp?). He was in the 1500s I think and the last time he was below 100. That stuff is amazing.
The liver and onions was/were a hit last night. I can still smell them in the house. YUCK! :LOL:
liver was cheap when i was a kid. mom made it at least once a week. YUCK!! she fooled me a couple of times. she would slice it in half so it looked like a cutlet. then she would do an italian breaded cutlet treatment. it looked and smelled like chicken or veal i cut into it and put a big bite in my mouth. 2 chews and spit it out!!

after that i started asking whats for dinner before i went to school. the next time she said liver i said ............. only make enough for you i'm not going to be hungry. needless to say that didn't fly.

LOL I'll bet not. Wouldn't have worked with my mom either. I had to eat what was put in front of me. If mom and dad were having liver, that's what I was having. OR I didn't get up from the table until it was finished. LOL

LOL I'll bet not. Wouldn't have worked with my mom either. I had to eat what was put in front of me. If mom and dad were having liver, that's what I was having. OR I didn't get up from the table until it was finished. LOL
i can top that. if i didn't eat it for dinner guess what breakfast was? or lunch (and i came home for lunch)? LOL

Whew, makes me grateful for my mom and dad's philosophy: Try everything, but if you really can't eat it, you can make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I went out with friends last night and had fish 'n chips and a green salad. DH was umpiring a ball game; before he left, he ate the rest of the Italian sausage/peppers/onions/penne skillet dish left over from the other night.

liver was cheap when i was a kid. mom made it at least once a week. YUCK!! she fooled me a couple of times. she would slice it in half so it looked like a cutlet. then she would do an italian breaded cutlet treatment. it looked and smelled like chicken or veal i cut into it and put a big bite in my mouth. 2 chews and spit it out!!

after that i started asking whats for dinner before i went to school. the next time she said liver i said ............. only make enough for you i'm not going to be hungry. needless to say that didn't fly.

There was six kids in my family. We ate liver, never complained. We even fought over the little bit of Spinach left in the serving dish!!!!:LOL:

Nope... it was justa BET :LOL:... no lettuce, plus cheese.

My Grandpa liked liver and onions. It smelled good when it was cooking, but I would not get near it with a ten ft. pole.
yuk.gif

LOL@VB. I used to eat it cause my daddy did when I was a little one. Daddy hero worship and all. Then when I grew up and made it I was the same as you :sick:

OMG, does that ever look good, Vanilla Bean! I am about to start drooling any minute now!
For some reason, I was just craving an egg sandwich that night. It's been ages since I have had one! It was worth it! After eating it, though, I felt like I had 3 helpings of Thanksgiving dinner. Needless to say, I was very full! :pig:

Back
Top Bottom