What's for Dinner Wednesday April 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
see yesterday's thread for my today's dinner; we cooked the same & today added roasted shallot whipped taters, tourne potatoes, & julienne bell pepper, & julienne carrot..

today my plate was: lamp chop persillade, a slice of sauteed duck with burgundy reduction, venison steww, julienne carrot, asparagus tips & obliques, edamame, spaghetti squash, oven-roasted squash, risotto, shallot mashed taters,oven-roasted tomato petal, risotto, yellow squash & sauteed zucchini tournes, wild rice, tourne carrot, & i tasted sauce of wild mushroom compote.

just kinda picked there was so much food! plate was a pigsty after presenting my plating to Chef, that's when we dive for the food; i just threw a little of each on, & it was so pretty with the colors!

Well, I sure can't compete with the gloriousness of the dinners y'all are producing: turkey tacos with refried beans and jicama crudites. I will be making my own corn tortillas, though. All low fat, of course. I'm still on trying to lower the inherited high cholesterol thing. My family is getting used to it, though. My daughter and her family went for some BBQ and she could only eat a little because she said it seemed so heavy and greasy. And it wasn't greasy BBQ---I used to eat there on occasion as well.

Well, I sure can't compete with the gloriousness of the dinners y'all are producing

0 competition! some mornings when we don't cook "dinner" at school & me & jake cook very simple meals those nites. like pizza, pierogies, spaghetti, steak, or stuff like that!

I've made Chicken Pot Pie for my hubby to eat while I go to work tonight. I made a bit extra so I can freeze the filling and just top it with biscuits whenever I need a quick dinner on the table.

I blogged about it - if you want to check it out!

A repeat of the other night's dinner; meatloaf but this time with a creamy lemon sauce covered pasta/fresh vegetables. I am getting so boring when it comes to cooking lately.

img_815799_0_546f4b162c05d3a4876539f79755e014.jpg

Marigene, your plate looks beautiful - can you share the pasta recipe? I'm making stuffed red and green peppers...don't have a real recipe. I'll make this one up as I go along. A green salad. Some fresh mangoes.

Well, I sure can't compete with the gloriousness of the dinners y'all are producing

Honey let me put you at ease. After being a certified chef for years and years when you get home from work after having been up to your elbows in FOOD all day and night, the hardest thing you want to do sometimes is turn on the oven. Or eat some leftovers. Doesn't matter if it's a bowl of soup or rice or a frozen pizza. Being a chef in restaurants and cooking for the public is a hard job. LOL :ROFLMAO:
Tonight is calves liver and onions for my husband. (yuck) but he deserves it after lowering his cholesterol by at least 75% he can have that high bit of meat.:sick:

Well since the vidalia's came in at my local grocery store I made French Onion Soup. Wow, I forgot how much that Gruyere cheese was, it had been so long since I bought some. But it was yummy, ate 2 bowls.

Karen, I didn't use a recipe.....this what I made the sauce with, zest/juice of 2 lemons (the lemons weren't very juicy), a little olive oil, heavy cream, half/half cream, parsley and a little cayenne. I mixed all the ingredients together and then reduced it a little.....poured it over the pasta/vegetables, which were just red onion, green beans, red, yellow and orange bell peppers. I would have added aspargus if I had had some. I thought about adding a little Parmesan but didn't. We really liked it, but anything lemon can't be too bad, can it? :-p

Today, I'm reverting to breakfast! :rolleyes:

I'm going to have a fried egg sandwich with a slice of cheddar cheese, tomato and bacon.... on the side, baked french fries. Definitely not for my waist-line! :ermm:

... lowering his cholesterol by at least 75% he can have that high bit of meat.:sick:
I feel the same way about liver and onions. I would probably go hungry first. Not marooned-on-an-island hungry, but pretty darn hungry. I'm pretty much off red meat altogether. I had a lovely filet mignon last week and I kind of felt sick afterward. It sure tasted good, though. I hadn't had red meat in about 12 weeks.

Good for your husband lowering his cholesterol so much! It isn't in the cards for me because it's genetics, but I'm putting up the good fight because I really don't want to take those meds. Did they have your husband take psyllium? I guess that type of fiber binds to cholesterol and carries it out of your body. My doc told me to take it. The have it in capsules and if you can find a store brand, it isn't very expensive.

Neehoo, I hope he enjoyed his meal!

Back
Top Bottom