"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-25-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
Head Chef

What's For Dinner, Wednesday, April 25, 2007?

It feels like a meat heavy week for us...steak on Monday and today I'm doing pork.

I loved the look of this but weirdly cannot pick up bay, and I chicken out of pinching some from the park, lol, so I've used rosemary which should also be nice. After a recent thread on roast potatos I'm going to do the small continental unparboiled type ones. Now, one of my pet peeves is presenting peas as the lone/main veg and trying to convince onself its balanced and peas will do as a veg, BUT I might do that tonight. However, I think I'll jazz them up with some celery and carrots and spring onions to reieve my gripe a little :) DH has a late flight, so it will be a middle of the night meal I guess, but thats ok because its been so hot that it would be to heavy to eat in the heat! Alternatively as a side, I have to thin out the salads I planted in the window boxes and I might turn then into a dressed tiny leaf salad, but I think thats going to end up being tomorrow's meal. Today chores have been taking longer for some reason

I''m luring him home with meat and potatos...failsafe for men's homing instincts!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Sliced roast pork, with sage and onion stuffing, Carrots, Broc and Cauli, with plenty gravy, all served in a Giant Yorkshire pudding :)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
Executive Chef

gotta see what's in the freezer. time to clean it out, once and for all. then I'll restock. been so wanting to make KE's short ribs and those meatloaves that you all helped me with but the freezers are both filled with all but ground meat or short ribs, so???
I'd love a salad with a protein/meat of some sort atop, but the man in my life doesn't share my interests in that.
I'll come up with something.
Took one steak out of the freezer and it's marrying it's flavor buddies/helpers.
Took out 3 rather small pieces of bl/sl pork chops too. Marrying also with different flavor enhancers than the steak which was my plan.
Gnocchi is defrosting too and I'll marry that with the salad dressing I got on here last week. < The capers/garlic/evoo one. Tons of greens for the girl and grilling the meats so hubby can decide which he wants. The one he doesn't will be lunch for him tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #4
Head Chef

I pulled a small brisket from the freezer this morning.
I'll probably braise it this evening with potatoes, onions, carrots ect.....
Old 04-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Hey Lulu, do you want some bayleaves? We do have a big tree in the garden by Cris's garage, and we have more bayleaves than we know what to do with!! Seriously, I am glad to send you some, hey, they weigh naught anyway, postage will be no problem either!!

Today is a national holiday in Italy, for the first time in I don't know how long, Cris will have a little spare time. So we may do some pizzas!!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #6
Master Chef

Hope you and Cris are enjoying your day together, Licia!

The recipe I was planning on making today will have to wait until tomorrow for I am out of butter! I searched both freezers and the fridge and came up with none--this is unheard of in my house!

So tonight it will be an easy meal of lemon pepper tilapia, mac and cheese and peas with mushrooms. And I'll be sure to stock up on butter at the store tomorrow!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
Master Chef

Our house is still torn up with the redecorating, so we're doing easy stuff. Tonight, Kim's going to slide some frozen breaded fish fillets in the oven for fish sandwiches.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
Executive Chef

BBQ Rib NIGHT! Yay!

After reading the 2 'calorie' threads, I got hungry for ribs!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Hey Lulu, do you want some bayleaves? We do have a big tree in the garden by Cris's garage, and we have more bayleaves than we know what to do with!! Seriously, I am glad to send you some, hey, they weigh naught anyway, postage will be no problem either!!

Today is a national holiday in Italy, for the first time in I don't know how long, Cris will have a little spare time. So we may do some pizzas!!
Urmaniac, could I have some too please. I can't find the trees either. I would take only a scant amount and then I'll freeze them forever. I am happy to pay postage.........................
Old 04-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
Head Chef

Ooooh, yes please..., although not sure why I cannot find thenm in the shops, maybe they will be back in the stores/markets soon? Let me look this week and if I can't find them I'll email/pm DH's office address for post!....they are everywhere. outside them!...they are really strict about the parks though, rightly!

Enjoy your pizzas! I forgot today was a holiday because our shops are open and M is in London! Have a great rest of the day