What's For Dinner, Wednesday August 12th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
:ermm: I don't see this posted yet. Nobody having dinner today? :LOL:

All I know is we are having corn on the cob. What to have with it? Well, depends if I get to the market and find some nice fresh meat or pull something out of the freezer.

Nothing like planning your meal around a vegetable (guess that is the former vegetarian in me wanting to get out :rolleyes:)

What is everyone else having?

Beef and broccoli stir fry with mushrooms and peppers, on brown rice.
Potsticker dumplings and maybe some egg rolls.

sweet corn!!!!!!!!

I just ate an ear in the garden and it is about a day or two shy of being perfect; is not quite at full flavor and the kernels could be a tad bit bigger....

Sounds great, y'all! My husband just called from work, is going to work through lunch, get off early and we'll head to the lake! I made a couple of (boring) sandwiches for my husband (cotto salami, american cheese slice, may/mustard) and made myself a turkey/pepperoni, onion, green pepper, pepperocini, cheese (aforementioned stuff, but it gets kinda melt-y on the boat andall I had), and pesto/mayo.
I made some fresh cheese the other day, mixed that with some myzithra, Parmesan, egg, oregano. Thought I'd do something with pasta later tonight after we get home, not sure yet, maybe make some pasta and do a ravioli or manicotti type of thing. Will probably whip that up before we go to the lake. I'll make sheets of pasta, made with egg and semolina. Then just assemble, sauce, and bake later.

I am gonna grill some chicken wings, and toss them in a sauce I can make with the very little ingredients I have right now! Probly serve with some grilled potatoes as well havent figured out veg yet.

I've decided on manicotti. I've rolled out the pasta sheets (rectangles). Will parcook and fill when we get back from the lake. I made a simple tomato sauce in the crock pot, didn't really have much other than leftover sliced peppers, onion, pepperoncini (sp?) from making sandwiches earlier, so browned that, threw in some browned ground beef, what was left in the pesto jar, some water. Mixed it with a small can of tomato paste (no other tomato product in the house!). Will spoon over the rolled manicotti sprinkled with Italian blend shredded cheese and bake.

After several mind changes, it will be pork tenderloin on the grill, the corn, salad and baked taters!

It's 10.pm on the 12th here and still not eaten :LOL:

I know what it's like to be on a different time schedule than everyone else. I lived on Guam for two years - 18 hours ahead of the west coast. Their motto was: "America's Day Begins On Guam" :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm having Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast.

I know what it's like to be on a different time schedule than everyone else. I lived on Guam for two years - 18 hours ahead of the west coast. Their motto was: "America's Day Begins On Guam" :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm having Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast.

I'm glad someone understands :LOL:

We we're both not very hungry so after making the redcurrant and onion relish we just settled for some crusty bread and cheese with the relish on the side :)

img_844510_0_cddf360391e9d65d198d7515b3f344a7.jpg

We we're both not very hungry so after making the redcurrant and onion relish we just settled for some crusty bread and cheese with the relish on the side :)

img_844513_0_cddf360391e9d65d198d7515b3f344a7.jpg
hmmmmmmmmmm was that chilie pepper dessert? LOL

planning NY strip steaks under the broiler, mashed red, yukon and white potatoes (maybe gravy), corn on the cob and/or spinach.

First, you are welcome for the FB invite! :)

I don't know about such extreme time changes but I know when I lived in Saskatchewan, which doesn't change for daylight savings time, it was confusing knowing what time it was when I phoned home to BC - 1 hour difference in the summer and 2 hours ahead in the winter.

Anyway, I wanted to say that your relish looks fantastic - I love the combination of red currant and onion. That with some bread and cheese would sure be a nice meal for me any time of night or day!

Dinner is served

NY strip steak, bean salad, mashed red and yukon potatoes (skins on) and white potatoes, gravy and corn bread (i skinned an ear sweet corn off the cob and added it to the batter).

img_844553_0_90e9dc7e5546536c53e6c0f4e2ed4965.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom