What's For Dinner, Wednesday August 12th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've decided on manicotti. I've rolled out the pasta sheets (rectangles). Will parcook and fill when we get back from the lake. I made a simple tomato sauce in the crock pot, didn't really have much other than leftover sliced peppers, onion, pepperoncini (sp?) from making sandwiches earlier, so browned that, threw in some browned ground beef, what was left in the pesto jar, some water. Mixed it with a small can of tomato paste (no other tomato product in the house!). Will spoon over the rolled manicotti sprinkled with Italian blend shredded cheese and bake.
With using what you had, your dinner sound delicious! :chef: I wish I was there to sample some!!

:ermm: I don't see this posted yet. Nobody having dinner today? :LOL:

All I know is we are having corn on the cob. What to have with it? Well, depends if I get to the market and find some nice fresh meat or pull something out of the freezer.

Nothing like planning your meal around a vegetable (guess that is the former vegetarian in me wanting to get out :rolleyes:)

What is everyone else having?
Well, I couldn't think of a better vegetable to plan a meal around! There is nothing better than sweet summer corn! :)

Anyway, I wanted to say that your relish looks fantastic - I love the combination of red currant and onion. That with some bread and cheese would sure be a nice meal for me any time of night or day!

Thanks :mrgreen: It was very tasty and for supper I had a little with some chicken which went very well. Next time I will make a big batch so it will last a little longer!

It's 10.pm on the 12th here and still not eaten :LOL:

I've just made some redcurrant and onion relish to have with grilled chicken and some crusty bread.

ps thanks for the FB invite :D

I'm glad you decided on something! That red currant relish of yours really tempts me. YUM! Like I think I said before.. that would be good on almost any meat main course! :)

I'm glad someone understands :LOL:

We we're both not very hungry so after making the redcurrant and onion relish we just settled for some crusty bread and cheese with the relish on the side :)

img_844562_0_cddf360391e9d65d198d7515b3f344a7.jpg
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I responded too soon. Sometimes a big ol' hunk of crusty bread satisfies!! .... maybe chicken another day... your plate looks gorgeous!

Dinner is served

NY strip steak, bean salad, mashed red and yukon potatoes (skins on) and white potatoes, gravy and corn bread (i skinned an ear sweet corn off the cob and added it to the batter).

img_844565_0_90e9dc7e5546536c53e6c0f4e2ed4965.jpg

That's one tasty meal msmofet :D The steak looks so juicy and I love the volcano of potato and gravy :)

I'm glad you decided on something! That red currant relish of yours really tempts me. YUM! Like I think I said before.. that would be good on almost any meat main course! :)

Yeah better late than never eh :LOL: Our time clock is all to pot at the moment as we're on holiday and been staying up until the sun comes up lol! The relish was gorgeous but I still want to mess around a little with the recipe before I post it - damm perfectionists :LOL:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I responded too soon. Sometimes a big ol' hunk of crusty bread satisfies!! .... maybe chicken another day... your plate looks gorgeous!

You've got to be quick tonight with us :LOL: We've gone posting crazy :D

Sorry I pinched your idea of having some culery on the plate :-p

so wheres the recipe for the relish?

I will post the recipe but as I said just a minute ago I want to play around with it a little to perfect it. I had to add a little more sugar near the end as it was too sour but that's the joy of cooking :chef:

That's one tasty meal msmofet :D The steak looks so juicy and I love the volcano of potato and gravy :)

Yeah better late than never eh :LOL: Our time clock is all to pot at the moment as we're on holiday and been staying up until the sun comes up lol! The relish was gorgeous but I still want to mess around a little with the recipe before I post it - damm perfectionists :LOL:
thank you JJ!! i always make a well in my taters for the gravy.

i think you should try adding a small amount of that red chilie pepper to the relish to give it a kick.

Tonight, I had a gin and tonic followed by an appetizer of baked Nova Scotia oysters wrapped with prosciutto and oven-dried tomatoes, topped with spinach hollandaise and a glass of chardonnay. My entree was a seared duck breast cooked medium rare and a confit leg served with a green peppercorn demi glace and roasted onions and foie gras risotto and steamed broccoli and a glass of montepulciano.

SO had a dirty martini followed by a Sautéed Escargot & Shrimp With white wine, lemon, cream and garlic butter over spinach and puff pastry. For an entree she had a Wood-Grilled Filet Mignon on a grilled, marinated portabello mushroom with tomato-tarragon butter, sautéd spinach and fried onions with a glass of chardonnay.

For dessert I had an espresso and Strawberry Lemon Crepes
Filled with marscpone cheese and sliced strawberries. Served with a blackberry-honey coulis.

Tonight, I had a gin and tonic followed by an appetizer of baked Nova Scotia oysters wrapped with prosciutto and oven-dried tomatoes, topped with spinach hollandaise and a glass of chardonnay. My entree was a seared duck breast cooked medium rare and a confit leg served with a green peppercorn demi glace and roasted onions and foie gras risotto and steamed broccoli and a glass of montepulciano.

SO had a dirty martini followed by a Sautéed Escargot & Shrimp With white wine, lemon, cream and garlic butter over spinach and puff pastry. For an entree she had a Wood-Grilled Filet Mignon on a grilled, marinated portabello mushroom with tomato-tarragon butter, sautéd spinach and fried onions with a glass of chardonnay.

Filled with marscpone cheese and sliced strawberries. Served with a blackberry-honey coulis.
WOW, that is one fabulous dinner the two of you had!!! I'm sure you both enjoyed it immensely!

where did you eat?

I made Mexican Stuffed Tri-Colored Peppers. I got a little heavy handed with the red pepper, definitely need to eat it with sour cream. Otherwise very tasty.

Well, I couldn't think of a better vegetable to plan a meal around! There is nothing better than sweet summer corn! :)

How right you are, VB! It was absolutely delicious! As my "sides" to go along with the corn DH grilled a pork tenderloin that I just seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic, then in the last minutes of cooking he basted it with a concoction I came up with - melted butter with a bit of ketchup, dry mustard, lemon juice and fresh herbs including basil, thyme, parsley, tarragon, and rosemary. It turned out great and was a wonderful compliment to the corn. Oh, and fresh snap peas, steamed. Everyone was quite satisfied!

Back
Top Bottom