What's for Dinner, Wednesday, August 13, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I changed the menu and had braised round steak, gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots, beets and peas.....can you tell I am sick of summer and looking forward to cooler weather! :LOL:

img_664549_0_2dd4bc5be004e8380411731f3707b970.jpg

Made homemade pizza from scratch with Vadalia onions and pepperoni. Buried it all in triple dose of Mozzarella cheese. OMG was it good. Used Prego garlic/Parmesan sauce. I think I ate 4 pieces too many...urp!

Since I'm in picture mode today - DH put Italian dressing over the lettuce/toms/cukes. Dave - tomato soup would have been perfect!!!!

img_664580_0_50024748b4bf65139f1a6464abe2347e.jpg

i grilled skinned chicken breasts as dw made boiled corn on the cob and nuked spuds.

while it was a'grillin', i made a dish of chicken parm to take into work this weekend.

That looks fantastic. Have you posted the recipe?

Thanks. I went a little heavier on the spices than the first time around and double dredged it. And the gravy made with the pan juices was tastier, too.
I got everything I needed to know from here http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/chicken-fried-steak-48864.html
Except I may have been PMed this technique: After browning, add a little liquid, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, then uncover and recrisp. This makes it really tender... and this was really tender :) I added a little chicken broth I had in the fridge.

I changed the menu and had braised round steak, gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots, beets and peas.....can you tell I am sick of summer and looking forward to cooler weather! :LOL:

img_665106_0_2dd4bc5be004e8380411731f3707b970.jpg

Oh, man... where did this pic come from? Dang that looks good.
Gotta recipe for your braised round steak, marigene? :) What are those little bits of stuff/seasoning I see?

Sausage gravy with biscuits. I can't seem to get the biscuit thing right. They are ALWAYS dense... not light and fluffy. And they always look really dry. I wish someone that knows how to make biscuits would come over and show me what I am doing wrong!

Back
Top Bottom