What's for dinner - Wednesday, August 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lamb kebabs, beef kebabs, lemon peppered chicken, southern fried chicken breast strips and Satay sauce for a dip.

I went to the Pick`n`Mix section and helped myself to a load of stuff to save me cooking tonight.

I only get to go out shopping once a month because the wife has banned me, so when I do, I make the best of it :)

In my corner of the world we are in a bit of a cooler swing, weather wise, at the moment....28 Celsius. :) down from the mid to high 30's and low 40's. That would be well into the 100's on the Fahrenheit scale...hot, hot, hot!!!

So because it is 'cooler' I am making jerk pork, corn-on-the-cob with a chili lime butter and potatoes with onions wrapped in bacon, all on the BBQ.

Tonight I am going to make Salad, Filet Mignon, and my special Potatoes.

The Potatoes have a coating on the skin so it is soooo delicious!

I'm still trying to decide what to make for dinner. I've got leftovers galore, but don't want any of those. I'm thinking either some fish tonight or maybe some tortellini. I have to go shop and see what jumps out at me? I'll keep an eye here too and see if anyone has any fabulous ideas that inspire me.

Making my one pot meal I posted yesterday ( but didn't) !
Smoked sausage, red potatoes, fresh green beans and cabbage wedges.

well, I don't know what to call it, but it is the same ingredients as cabbage rolls, but you chop up everything and I'm cooking it stovetop:)

Also harvested a decent amount of broccoli and haven't decided how to fix that, but we will have it someway. Would normally be having sweet corn, but the broccoli needs eaten more than the corn.

Have a loaf of bread rising, so will have the oven on anyway:mad: . Just may put together an impossible pie, since the ovens on:angel:

in a bit of a dither myself as to what to make for dinner.
problem is, when dinner the night before has been a total winner, it's hard to match and the hubby gets his expectations all up, meaning, I could fail miserabley.
checking the trusty freezer for some chicken, and if it's there, maybe a concoction as close as I can come to Chinese Chicken salad.​

Alix said:
I'm thinking either some fish tonight or maybe some tortellini. I have to go shop and see what jumps out at me?

if the fish jumps out at you, buy it, it's fresh.

but if the tortellini jumps out at you...:rolleyes:

i bought some nice, thick london broils on sale yesterday, so we'll might have those, grilled - one just s&p, the other in my dry rub.
or if i have time, i also bought a family pack of various cuts of bone-in pork sirloin and loin, and i have a ton of tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and basil from the garden, so i'll make pork in a garden style sugo di pomodoro.

T-bone steaks, Greek salad (using a recipe posted here yesterday), rice (maybe fruited that I found an easy looking recipe for), and home-baked bread. The steaks scare me a little but I copied all the tips from another thread here on cooking steaks so I'm cautiously optimistic. There are only 2 kids here this week so if I mess up, at least it's not $60 worth of steaks!
Terry

Ovaltine for breakfast and salad for supper, as usual. Lunch is red snapper with five spice sauce, hot buttered carrot slices, and brown rice. Dessert will be either lava cake or an ice cream sandwich, I haven't decided which yet. Beverage is Coca Cola Zero because I ran out of Italian wimp water and haven't had time to replenish it.

Since it is rather cool here and raining, I've decided on meatloaf, and either mashed potatoes or potatoe pancakes, and another veggie yet to be determined, and of course gravy.

Crab and goat cheese stuffed endive. Grilled flatbreads with fresh mozz, basil, tomatoes, spinach. Apple pie with the first of the season apples.

Tonight it will be broiled Sole Filets with a Balsamic Beurre Noisette, roasted Asparagus, and Mushroom Risotto. Maybe some crusty bread as well.

I put about 1/2 a slab o' ribs w KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce in the slow cooker at about 6 AM; and they're done. They literally did fall off the bones... So (don't laugh) I'm serving them on hot dog buns (w/o the bones). Wanted to make beer-battered onion rings, but have potato salad, cold mac salad & corn I want to use up. There's plenty of fruit in the fridge as well. All I really feel like eating is a Nestle Crunch ice cream bar.

Nice thick, well marbled ribeye steaks marinated with chipotle-roasted tomatoe-garlic-black pepper-olive oil, grilled over real hickory. Served with yucca fries w/ lime garlic aioli and a butter lettuce and vine ripe tomatoe salad. Cabernet from napa stags leap area. I better get busy.

Went to a new Japanese restaurant that's just opened just round the corner from us (which is take away heaven - 2 Chinese, a pizza place, KFC, Indian, kebab, greasy spoon and Fish & Chips all 200 yards from my house).

Had a sushi starter and some tempura veggies, some grilled silver-black cod (which was amazing) and some kind of minced beef crock-pot thing with rice and egg.

Very nice - will be going back (especially when they get their license and I can have some saki!).

regallion, if i lived with you, i'd be 300 lbs..
can i come visit, anyway? :pig:

change of plans for us. i worked late, so i picked up sushi on the way home for us.

we had salads with avocado, veggies, and ginger dressing for starters. then, the sush-sashimi combo for 2.
20 pieces of sashimi (4 each of maguro, sake, tai, saba, and shiro maguro), and 10 pieces of sushi (2 each of maguro, sake, tai, ebi, and unagi).
like that wasn't enough, i also had a salmon skin hand roll.

i'm stuffed. :mellow:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom