What's for Dinner Wednesday Dec 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Italian at Carrabbas. I had grilled chicken topped with goat cheese, sun dried tomatos, and fresh basil.... oh yea!!

Tilapia with cajun spices and oven roasted sweet potatoes
img_743007_0_80fcdc5866bd66d9f6e076047cc2fc97.jpg

The store bought crab cakes were lousy. Too salty and I had to do whatever I could to keep them together in the pan.

Make 'em from scratch.

pdswife...I ran out of time and energy last night and did not end up making your chicken dish. I wimped out and made spaghetti instead! I'm going to try it for this weekend. Can't wait!

Crab Cakes...

Same here, Jeekinz. Received my chesapeak bay gourmet crab cakes from QVC, popped them in the oven with a few pats of butter & lemon juice, then sprinkled with paprika. Didn't have time to make my super-duper sauce, but served them (halved) on dinner rolls w lettuce & tomato & mayo (mini crab cake burgers). On the side, made lemon/garlic-y green beans & little mac & cheese souffles (in ramekins). Half of a warm double chocolate chocolate chip muffin for dessert.

The crab cakes were excellent - large chunks of crab, & very little binder. Next time I may order, or make my own, Shrimp cakes.

pdswife...I ran out of time and energy last night and did not end up making your chicken dish. I wimped out and made spaghetti instead! I'm going to try it for this weekend. Can't wait!

:chef::chef:Can't wait to hear
if you like it or not!:chef::chef::chef:

Hmmm...shrimp cakes. I have a couple pounds of shrimp in the freezer. :rolleyes:

Do it, do it, do it, ;-) The recipe wheels are still in motion. Thinking about a lesser binding agent like egg whites, not too many crumbs, & some sort of lime or soy/ginger sauce. Recipe yet to be determined. ;)

Meanwhile, I have some shrimp marinating for a shrimp, tomato, basil, garlic pasta dish tonight. Will post links, if you're interested.

Some ideas for the Shrimp Cakes would be appreciated. Thanks. I would prefer them not on a bun though, I'm kind of dieting. :glare:

Back
Top Bottom