What's for dinner Wednesday Dec 21/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in Lancaster finishing up my Christmas shopping. I ate a huge lunch at the Parkway Diner, and it was fantastic. Roast beef, stuffing, corn, mac and cheese, rolls, a salad, and coffee. Don't know that I'm even going to eat supper. :pig:

Over easy eggs, bacon, home fries (red potatoes, Yukon potatoes, onion and mushrooms fried in bacon fat) and biscuit (got a bit too brown but tasted wonderful).

img_1086375_0_610854b4530d6aacbaf0e3803e5c3639.jpg

I must say, you cook the purtiest eggs.
Thick cut bacon? That's some good looking bacon.

I had exactly what I said I would and decided to make a cheese sauce for the broccoli. My tummy is looking up at me saying I really didn't need all that cheese sauce...

Rocklobster said:

That looks really good, Rock, and not what I expected! Yum!

Wasn't that one of the (Seinfeld) Soup Nazi's creations?

Last edited:
It was awesome! Couldn't wait to get home from work to try it. It was worth the wait. Hope he will make it again sometime.

I would love to pick up that fork and dig in, VB! Looks yummy!

I must say, you cook the purtiest eggs.
Thick cut bacon? That's some good looking bacon.

I had exactly what I said I would and decided to make a cheese sauce for the broccoli. My tummy is looking up at me saying I really didn't need all that cheese sauce...

What Pac said. Lovely plate, MsM!

Thank you Pac and DL. Thats regular cut bacon not thick.

Nice stir fry VB. Is that brown rice? YUM

Tuesday was my daughters 15th birthday and Wednesday was her last day of school so Wed. was the party for 20 that I prepared for, for several days.
Antipasto(made by MIL)
Salad course : Salad with lemon/balsamic dressing(made by MIL)
Pasta course : Bucatini with a wonderful Bolognese sauce that cooked for 12 hours
Main course : Homemade gnocchi(450 of them) in a basil alfredo sauce topped with a slice of pork braciole
Dessert : Tiramisu

She was a very happy girl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom