What's For Dinner, Wednesday Feb. 3, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First of all, welcome GhettoGrub! And if you don't want to keep getting thread updates you can select "unsubscribe" from the pull-down menu at the top of the posts on this page. You'll find it under "Thread tools".

am going to have a "claim jumper" frozen dinner, fried chicken and mashed potatoes. just finished putting away 300.00 worth of groceries and am tired. so lazy does it.[/

what a rip off. looks like a compressed chicken pattie. mashed potatoes, and a mini corn on cob. gravy. i am angry. wasn't cheap either.

So every thread I post in I'm automatically subscribed to???

And damn ya'll lovin' them burgers tonite! Do something creative with it and post pics somebody...
Before you hit submit, you can scroll down and set your subscription preferences for that thread. You can also set them in your own settings--I have mine set to no subscriptions.

I am going to make what I call meatloaf patties with mine. I add onion, egg, and oatmeal like I would for meatloaf, then I cook it in patties. I do that with ground chicken sometimes too.

As far as our vegetable, I have decided that quick is more important tonight, so I will do Brussels sprouts, since I can just throw the steamer bag in the microwave. :cool:

:)Barbara

Aloo Gobi (Potatoes and Cauliflower) This was my first attempt at Aloo Gobi. It turned out good but it is a long ways from where it could be (will be).

4328565785_3ae445729a_b.jpg

Before you hit submit, you can scroll down and set your subscription preferences for that thread. You can also set them in your own settings--I have mine set to no subscriptions.

I am going to make what I call meatloaf patties with mine. I add onion, egg, and oatmeal like I would for meatloaf, then I cook it in patties. I do that with ground chicken sometimes too.

As far as our vegetable, I have decided that quick is more important tonight, so I will do Brussels sprouts, since I can just throw the steamer bag in the microwave. :cool:

:)Barbara

There you go! Meatloaf Patties... My buddy does something similar with his burgers by adding breadcrumbs, I enjoyed them but he made them a lil too big for my prefrence but I wouldn't ever eat half a burger and save the other half so I woulda been a lil more conservative with the size. My dinner was so-so, something about reheated chicken that's just kinda blah...

am going to have a "claim jumper" frozen dinner, fried chicken and mashed potatoes. just finished putting away 300.00 worth of groceries and am tired. so lazy does it.[/

what a rip off. looks like a compressed chicken pattie. mashed potatoes, and a mini corn on cob. gravy. i am angry. wasn't cheap either.

I learned that lesson a few years ago about frozen dinners. I used to really like those Marie Calanders(sp?) frozen dinners, but since I started cookin' my own food from scratch I learned that the only frozen meal I'll mess with(can ya tell I'm tryin not to swear) anymore is frozen pizzas. Even when ya choose the baking option over nukin' it still don't taste right to me. But it filled ya up(hopefully) and that's all that matters when your drained from a long ass day...

welcome and you might be right. i do find three in lean q. that i really like. glazed chicken, spag. and chicken enchilada with sousa sauce. can't afford marie callender chicken pot pie, but they are good, maybe to much crust.

I learned that the only frozen meal I'll mess with(can ya tell I'm tryin not to swear) anymore is frozen pizzas. Even when ya choose the baking option over nukin' it still don't taste right to me...

Welcome GhettoGrub! Home made pizza is really easy to make if you use the pre-made dough (and I don't mean the pre-made crusts). It takes a little practice to stretch the dough.. but not too hard to learn.

Leftover boneless skinless chicken breast from last night sliced up and mixed with some beans, rice, and cheese, wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Us bachelors gotta know how to make our leftovers into different meals than the night before.

Sup everybody I'm new here...

Welcome to the site! And that sounds like something I would make!

Back
Top Bottom