What's for dinner, Wednesday February 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I can't believe this hasn't been started yet. I was trying to find it to get some ideas because I have no clue!

What is everyone making today....or I am sure some of you have had it already.

It's cold here so I thought breakfast sounded like a good idea. Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and here's a picture of the biscuits and gravy.

img_787351_0_cc98b0bc7565cb3091e760836ec0f4e8.jpg

As I was taken out to lunch for my forthcoming b'day.....I made a lite dinner for DH and myself....My grandma's mac and cheese.....not the creamy type....it's made with wide noodles, cream of tomato soup and cheddar cheese.....a side of corn niblets

I just got back from the store. I picked up a couple of ribeyes and a couple of large russet potatoes. Maybe some asparagus lightly buttered as well or peas. I'll let DH decide when he gets home.

Mama, those biscuits and gravy look fabulous!

We made Tuesday Gravy yesterday ( should have been called Sunday Gravy, but it wasn't Sunday!!!). So, that's supper tonight, along with some Olive Feta foccacia. :)

I had thawed a couple of small steaks and thought we would cook on the grill, but it has been so cold I cooked them on the inside grill and we had baked potatoes and salad. Good, but I think dh thought the steaks were too small, he ate cheese and crackers while I finished.

Mama, even though those biscuits put my cholesterol through the roof just looking at them, they made my mouth water. Care to share your gravy recipe with me....It is okay for a Western Canuck to make a southern gravy isn't it?

we wanted to make Schnitzel with Salad.. but then my friend called if she can come to make the Muffins as here oven is just broken... so we ordered Pizza again for us three...

I got some homemade beans out of freezer this morning for tacos tonight.

Mama, even though those biscuits put my cholesterol through the roof just looking at them, they made my mouth water. Care to share your gravy recipe with me....It is okay for a Western Canuck to make a southern gravy isn't it?

Just to be smart, here's my cholesterol free country gravy:

Steak. I got a killer deal on 10 small steaks at Wally World today and I froze all but one. I decided they'd be great for nights when DD is working and I'm alone. Nothing with it; I've been snacking on hummus and crackers for the last hour.

Sure, here's the recipe from my site:

1 pound fresh sausage ( I prefer Tennessee Pride or Rudy's Farm )
3 tablespoons shortening (or bacon drippings)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Here's what you need to do:

biscuits-and-gravy-02.jpg
In a large heavy skillet (preferably cast iron), brown the sausage breaking it up with a spatula over medium high heat. Do not drain.

biscuits-and-gravy-03.jpg
Add the shortening, flour, salt and pepper.

biscuits-and-gravy-04.jpg
Cook stirring constantly until flour begins to brown.

biscuits-and-gravy-05.jpg
Slowly add milk while continuing to stir.

biscuits-and-gravy-06.jpg
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for one minute stirring occasionally. As the gravy cools it will thicken so if you want thinner gravy, add a little more milk

biscuits-and-gravy-07.jpg
Cut the biscuits in half and pour the gravy over the biscuits.

Thanks Mama, when I get my cholesterol down I am going to try this.
Vyapti, I am going to try yours as well (went to your blog - you have some great stuff there!)

Lemon pepper trout, side of whole wheat couscous with sauteed red bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions. Steamed broccoli on the side. Chocolate cupcakes for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom