What's for Dinner Wednesday Jan 4/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Basing dinner on a Hasselback Potato recipe I came across yesterday. Boneless Pork Chops and whatever veg looks best in the market, green beans have been good lately.

HASSLEBACK POTATOES

4 Med Yukon Gold--peeled and halved
1/2c. white bread crumbs
1/4c. parm or reg grated
1 tbsp. EVOO or butter melted
1 tsp. paprika
S+P to taste

1-2 tbsp. to drizzle atop

Oven preheated to 450 - oil pyrex baking pan

Cut potatoes by arranging 2 chopsticks on either side of the potato halves and slice thinly across {sticks will keep you from cutting through} creating a potato "fan"

Blend--Crumbs, cheese EVOO and seasonings in food pro. Set aside on a shallow plate.

Drizzle with EVOO

Bend to seperate sections and roll in crumb mixture. Arrange in baking dish. Bake covered for 1/2 hr. Remove covering and continue to bake for additional 15 min. until potatoes are done and crispy on top.

This is my first time making this, looking at the measurments I will make more of the bread mixture and add a clove of garlic {cause EVERYTHING is better with garlic} and really pack the stuffing in between the slices.:rolleyes:

Surprisingly a lot like meat! I've tried the mince, which tastes exactly like beef mince to me when I did a spaghetti bolognese the other day, then yesterday I made a smoked paprika sauce and used the quorn bits which were like cut up chicken pieces, and it tasted like chicken to me! I've always wanted to be a vegetarian but just don't think I could do it. But this is a good alternative to meat, especially when we're finding it so expensive here, and quorn really helps with our budget. Of course it can't replace a good roast or something to me, but when we're really penny pinching, it gives us our "meat" fix.

I read that its quite popular in the UK. I don't think I've ever seen it here in Canada.

big fresh spinach salad with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and fresh strawberries. thin sliced purple onion would be good i think. one piece of garlic toast if calories allow.

Basing dinner on a Hasselback Potato recipe I came across yesterday. Boneless Pork Chops and whatever veg looks best in the market, green beans have been good lately.

HASSLEBACK POTATOES

4 Med Yukon Gold--peeled and halved
1/2c. white bread crumbs
1/4c. parm or reg grated
1 tbsp. EVOO or butter melted
1 tsp. paprika
S+P to taste

1-2 tbsp. to drizzle atop

Oven preheated to 450 - oil pyrex baking pan

Cut potatoes by arranging 2 chopsticks on either side of the potato halves and slice thinly across {sticks will keep you from cutting through} creating a potato "fan"

Blend--Crumbs, cheese EVOO and seasonings in food pro. Set aside on a shallow plate.

Drizzle with EVOO

Bend to seperate sections and roll in crumb mixture. Arrange in baking dish. Bake covered for 1/2 hr. Remove covering and continue to bake for additional 15 min. until potatoes are done and crispy on top.

This is my first time making this, looking at the measurments I will make more of the bread mixture and add a clove of garlic {cause EVERYTHING is better with garlic} and really pack the stuffing in between the slices.:rolleyes:

I use a large wooden spoon to hold the potatoes for cutting. I never saw a recipe for Hasselback potatoes with bread crumbs before. I'll have to try that some time. I also use small to medium whole potatoes. Never heard of cutting them in half either.

Pot Pies! I just finished making my second set of pies. I did two the first time and they cooked a little unevenly, so this time, I did all four.

Two White Chili and two Beef and Potatoe!

This thing is too cool for words!

I used Puff Pastry this time for both top and bottom and had much better results.

Back
Top Bottom