What's for Dinner Wednesday January 29th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Sorry, I couldn't come up with anything witty today.

If we keep feeling like we are so far, I think I will be putting on a pot of coconut curry cauliflower soup. We got fresh GF bread yesterday so will probably have some of that with it.

Last edited:
I just finished a big plate of leftovers from Sunday's dinner.
I may not eat tonight at all. Or I may. But maybe I won't.

The plan is ham mac & cheese with a side of fresh green beans. If plans fall through I have about a quart of ham and bean soup left from last week's soup-a-thon.

Sorry, I couldn't come up with anything witty today.

If we keep feeling like we are so far, I think I will be putting on a pot of coconut curry cauliflower soup. We got fresh GF bread yesterday so will probably have some of that with it.

"Witty Wenesday"

Italian Sasuage Soup
39817-albums960-picture5819.jpg

"Wintery Wednesday" here in MD. Having the leftover stuffed pork chops and some soup.... probably lentil.

I am stuffing a large chicken breast with finely diced green onion and grated Ementhal and cheddar. Will flour, egg and bread it and then flash fry it before baking. It will be large enough to serve us both.

To serve with it....hmmm...not quite sure yet. Possibly roast potatoes and peperonata....I have a lot of zucchini in the fridge to use up.

Well, in spite of eating dinner this afternoon I'm getting the craving again...
So I took a slice of prime rib roast out of the freezer that I'll warm on the grill along with some garlic bread. Peas on the side.

That does look so good, S&P!

And I love artichokes too, Kayelle! :yum:

We had the spicy wilted greens and white bean stew out of the February Bon Appetit and corn bread with corn kernels.

As an appy, we shared our first half-sour pickle out of the batch we started Friday. We've been looking for a recipe that comes close to a deli's, Corky's, that closed up shop a couple of years back. Tonight, we'll try from another jar that has set out at room temp a day longer. Even though the first one was great and nearly perfect, I thought it needed another day or two and some minor salt/spice adjustments, Craig didn't. We'll see. Regardless, it's time for some corned beef/pastrami/ruben type sandwiches with potato latkes just like Corky's used to make.

Last edited:
Browned some thick cut bone in pork chops and finished in the oven, deglazed the pan with white wine and reduced into a sauce with a pat of butter to finish the sauce. Made Andy's rice pilaf and some mixed, steamed veg.

Back
Top Bottom