What's for Dinner Wednesday July 29th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
dh came home with some neighbors sweet corn last night, so that was immediately put in the pot with the boiling pasta and broccoli......sorry to report that it was gummy and lacking flavor...but that contribution cut into the scheduled dinner...

so its pasta again, just because we can!!!! There have been frequent times in our recent droughts that I could not draw any water to boil pasta. So as long as I have the water, we are eating pasta.:) And I can't wait on the tomatoes any longer, I'm making my first pasta salad of the season, sans tomatoes, that is heavy on the bell peppers and mozz cheese... Along with some leftover broccoli pesto and pasta

What's happening at your place?

Don't tell anyone but tonight me and my girlfriend went rollerblading and sneaked in and had a Mcdonalds :LOL: Is that a sin? :-p

I'm going to prepare a nice fruit cocktail for desert though so that makes up for it :chef:

mmmm :) took some trout fillets out of the freezer this am, and am thinking of steaming them over some Noilly Prat vermouth. I want to see how much of the herbs in the vermouth will translate to the fish. Altho I may add some fresh herb sprigs to the steamer with the fish, and some slivered garlic.

With that, I think some sauteed dandelion greens (for a bit of bitter) and some shredded zucchini sauteed in some evoo.

I am citrus snapper filet, on a bed of veggies I am going to mandolin into linguine and then saute with some butter garlic S & P and some white wine.

since I had two bowls of Sugar, um, I mean Corn Pops for b'fast/lunch, I think I'll have an artichoke soon, and left over scalloped potatoes w/ham for supper.

I'm making Mark a big spinach salad with mandarin oranges and diced carrots....italian dressing. That is what he likes.

I'm having a vegie wrap with pretzels.

Help for dinner!

I could use some help! My squash casserole calls for 1/2 cup of sour cream and we don't have that much left. I'm thinking of putting some cottage cheese in the processor, adding some lemon juice and using that. Can something go wrong with this?

you can try! if it gets ucky, just throw it out & puree plain minus the lemon!
or puree 1st, then taste, then take a spoonful & add a drop of lemon, mix with a toothpick, & test!

I dunno yet... got some "stir fry" beef out of the freezer...
could be bok choy spicy, or stroganoff, or macachee n meat..
dunno.... hmmm...

I had Mandu

dq3m34.jpg

We had a busy day picnicking on the rocks at Rockport, MA with our granddaughter. We were tired and a little sore after climbing on the rocks so dinner was to be simple.

I cooked some pasta and defrosted some tomato sauce made with ground pork, red peppers and mushrooms.

I dunno yet... got some "stir fry" beef out of the freezer...
could be bok choy spicy, or stroganoff, or macachee n meat..
dunno.... hmmm...

Then again, maybe not.
My lovely wife got a hankering for General Tso's chicken so we went
to our local "oriental" buffet.

We went to the farmer's market again today and I came home with a treasure trove of fresh delights! For dinner we had fresh smoked chops grilled to perfection, corn on the cob and new potatoes with a garden salad filled with heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, two kinds of radishes and 3 different lettuce, all grown right there. I was so inspired I made a white balsamic vinaigrette.

I also brought home eggs, honey, peaches, nectarines, watermelon, 3 kinds of apples and some wonderful home made turkey sausage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom