What's for Dinner Wednesday, June 17th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I think I'm going to have a BLT, possibly with some baked french fries.

Mark is going to have leftover spanish rice, with a salad.

What is on your dinner plate this evening?

Today is pot roast - I've trimmed about 5 pounds of chuck roast, rubbed on Montreal Steak seasoning , added 2 medium Vidaila onions and some season all. That will cook in the crock post until this eavining. Later I'll make mashed potatoes, and carrots. I'll also steam some cabbage as an alternative to the spuds.

sausage gravy over yukon gold mashed potatoes, with a side of leftover oven roasted sweet potato chunks, (boy where they tasty, had been a while since we had sweet potatoes here)

I made broth from frozen bone that I've been collecting over the winter. SO I now have 7 qts of good homemade stock. TOnight, some will go into a chicken soup I make with fresh veg and baby potatoes and chorizo. SPicy and good for a coolish evening. Probably make biscuits too.

not a clue. any ideas for center cut pork chops about 1" thick?
our grill is being serviced and I'd rather not use the oven because
it is like a swamp out here with the temp and humidity being so high.
something easy, the heat is making me sluggish!

not a clue. any ideas for center cut pork chops about 1" thick?
our grill is being serviced and I'd rather not use the oven because
it is like a swamp out here with the temp and humidity being so high.
something easy, the heat is making me sluggish!
hey there sweetie. are you willing to go shopping? if so heres how i make chops when i want a change from fry or baking.

My Mom's Pork Chops

sausage gravy over yukon gold mashed potatoes, with a side of leftover oven roasted sweet potato chunks, (boy where they tasty, had been a while since we had sweet potatoes here)

Beth, I have a veggie tray with home made dips and blueberries and ice cream for dessert. I will be there ASAP! :)

Seriously, last night while we were cleaning out the fridges after the catering marathon I put on a big pot of meat sauce with some organic beef I needed to use. I let it simmer for hours, cooled and refrigerated it and plan to serve it over some more of the leftover pasta. I think I will make another veggie salad and some toast with the rest of the fresh herb and garlic butter.

Seriously, last night while we were cleaning out the fridges after the catering marathon I put on a big pot of meat sauce with some organic beef I needed to use. I let it simmer for hours, cooled and refrigerated it and plan to serve it over some more of the leftover pasta. I think I will make another veggie salad and some toast with the rest of the fresh herb and garlic butter.
MmmMMmm! That sounds good. Nothing like homemade pasta sauce, a vegie salad and garlic toast!
yum.gif

a soup i threw together from stuff in the fridge & cabinets. very tasty, if i may say so myself!!! i posted my recipe.
salad with lite catalina. cottage cheese. for dessert, a rice cake with strawberry jelly.
& an adult drink.

We're having a chicken/veggie stir fry with brown rice. The grill is out of gas, otherwise we would be grilling.

Back
Top Bottom