"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
Head Chef

Spagetti, a quick and simple pasta sauce I'm making and homemade meatballs.

The meatballs are actually in the oven now...so I don't have to cook them later.

I also have some fresh italian bread I picked up at the store today. Although I said I wasn't!!! going to pick anything up from the store "lol". Woops.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:14 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Chicken pot pies and tossed salad....

I wanted to lose 10 lbs for a wedding we're going to July 7 (Us and everyone else..07/07/07), and now that my Mom is living with us, she's made Rhubarb Crisp, Brownies and Frosting, Oatmeal Rock Cookies, Bread, and Cinnamon Buns in the last week and a half already!...of course I've got to eat a little bit of that just to make her feel good!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbrown
Rhubarb Crisp
hmm is this very good? If so - can you share the recipe? I wonder where I would find Rhubarb. My DH loves rhubarb pies.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillingFool
Kielbasa, pierogies and green beans is most likely.
Although the day is young and inspiration comes from
unlikely sources, LOL!
pierogies love them do you make your own? can't get fresh ones here
in kc i have had them shipped from chicago before.

i have made them before all day event but there were good. love
the meat filled ones
Old 06-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #15
Head Chef

We are having panzanella salad and baked potato soup.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

darn, i was starting to drool, thinking of my planned grilled dinner and a cold one or five, but i'm stuck at work until 8p.

so, dinner will be whatever dw made, or if she didn't make anything, i'll make a quick shrimp fra diavolo. i found a container of tomatoes in the freezer from last years garden, so i'll use that for the sauce if it's still good.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Took some tomatoes, and cut them into big chuncks, shredded some basil,chopped some onions and finely minced some garlic and softened it in some evoo, plan to fix some angel hair pasta, and toss it into the skillet with the evoo and garlic, toss well then add the other ingredients just to mix...Then will have some grilled steaks and a big green salad and garlic parmesan grilled bread...Scoops of lemon custard ice cream and a shortbread cookie for dessert.

kadesma
Old 06-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #18
Everymom

Kebabs tonight! Got beef marinating right now, and have mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and pineapple chunks too. Mmmmmmmmmmm! Dessert is going to be banana splits with all the trimmings.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095
Pasta al fungi cluck cluck.

yes you guessed it, it`s spaghetti tossed in cambells condensed Chicken and Mushroom soup :)

erm... Don`t Knock it `till ya tried it! :P

I sure wouldn't knock it! Good ole Cambell's soups have been the start of many tasty meals.

We had to go to the big town today (Carbondale, Il) so I could get some new shoes, and we ate at a new place called the Asian Bistro,which had been highly recommended to us. It's a beautiful place, with exquisite food and amazing service, even though it was our waiter's first day, and he was really nervous.

I had Orange Chicken and DH had Garlic Shrimp. We are used to Chinese food, not Asian, and were surprised by the heat in our dishes. Kim's Garlic Shrimp were cooked with sliced hot peppers and chopped skallions, and my Orange Chicken was cooked with whole little red peppers of some kind, sliced fresh ginger, and skallions. I picked out the peppers, tried 2 slices of the ginger, then picked it out, but I really enjoyed my dish. Kim's shrimp were really hot, but that didn't stop him from eating them. He was OK once he broke out a little sweat!

Our garnishes included a sort of slaw, made of grated radish and carrot, a fried slice of plantain, half a keewee, a small bunch (about 6) red grapes, and a small slice of apple.

Our appetizors, which arrived midway through the meal because our waiter forgot to turn them in, were freshly made spring rolls for me, and my husband's favorite Crab Rangoon. They were served on a bed of finely grated cabbage with a thick slice of very sweet orange on the side.

My husband is not much impressed by atmosphere or garnishes, and was irritated about our appetizors coming late. (He only tipped the waiter $3.)
But I think we'll try it again...I'll just order something less adventurous, like stir-fried beef and broccoli.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #20
Master Chef

Tonight was a hot/humid night delight.

I took the chicken leftover from our grilled Indian meal the other night & chopped it up along with some cubed smoked Gouda cheese, halved green seedless grapes, & several handfulls of halved walnuts - all binded together with some mayo. Served over chopped Romaine lettuce.

Absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!