What's for Dinner Wednesday June 4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Tonight is home-made pizza with fresh mozzarella, oregano from the garden, and salad.

:chef:

I going to do something (make a rub and sear?) with turkey tenderloins, a quinoa pilaf on the side.

NYT bread, dreamsicle cake, oven roasted veggies/carrots/broccoli/onions/potatoes, fillet mignon tenderloin that I'm rubbing with lots of fresh herbs from the garden and my jamaican jerk rub too, it'll be cut in fat tornadoes and grilled.loved finding this

Nigellas chicken schnitzel, plus chocolate mousse - TODAY: Food & Wine - MSNBC.com

and did a variation of this recipe for tomorrow, or maybe tonight, depends on how hungry I/we are after the filet and rest of stuff

Constance, have you tried this, or anyone else for that matter? Gad it's so good...

Last edited:
We're having Ravioli Lasagna. You use cheese ravioli in place of the noodles and ricotta mixture, which makes the dish faster to prepare and dirties fewer dishes without sacrificing flavor.

We're having Ravioli Lasagna. You use cheese ravioli in place of the noodles and ricotta mixture, which makes the dish faster to prepare and dirties fewer dishes without sacrificing flavor.

Yumm, Constance that sounds delicious!

I was going to do pork steaks; however, DD is moving home and will be here for supper so I am thinking I will do a sirloin roast instead and have beef dips on chibata buns, fries, a salad and some homemade berry sorbet for dessert.

lots of possibilities.

i have a small chicken to roast, so if i get home early enough, i may make that. or i'll spatchcock it and marinate overnight for the grill tomorrow.

i have ground turkey for meatballs, and locally made sweet and hot sausage to go into sauce.

while the sauce is simmering, i'll either make broiled chicken kebabs or breaded tenders, to eat tonight.

I should be eating the leftovers I didn't eat last night, but......I decided on peppered pork tenderloin (cut about 2 inches thick), stuffed tomatoes. I think little new potatoes will go well to sop up the sauce. Bibb lettuce salad.

dixie frys chicken wings. ny bread. don't know what else just yet. have choco cookies or i will make a smore for dessert. had one for a snack last night. to die for, but i stopped at one. that makes me either good or stupid, don't know which. lol

babe:chef:

Basic mussels - white wine, thyme, shallots and a tomato/avocado/shrimp salsa to munch on while the mussels are cooking.

Bottle of aligote for the beverage.

or i will make a smore for dessert. had one for a snack last night. to die for, but i stopped at one. that makes me either good or stupid, don't know which. lol

babe:chef:

Babe, if you can stop at one s'more, you are a stronger person than me!!!!!

Buckytom why the heck do you always make so much food?!?!?!

You make in a day for 3 people what we eat in 4 days!
Are you secretly bringing home the homeless?

Understand I'm not complaining..... just waitin' for the invite! :)

lol, squzie. you and your wild bunch are welcome anytime.

umm, i didn't end up cooking anything last night. :ermm:

dw needed to go out shopping for a gift for an upcoming birthday party (son's classmate), and summer clothes for him. so she made him dinner, then ate some quick leftovers and was out like a shot when i got home.

i had a choice of cooking or getting the eggplants and basil in the garden before the rain came again, so we planted.

therefore, everything is on for tonight, instead.

the reason i cook a lot is that i don't always have time to get into the kitchen, so when i do, i make several meals.

the spatchcocked/marinated/grilled chicken will be dinner on friday; the sausage and meatballs will be lunch saturday, and some is going to my wife's friend who just made us his version of the same thing. gotta show him how it's done. :chef:

We had chicken quesadillas with a rice/lentil salad.

img_620311_0_a518d079133a022d74478e162e4bb557.jpg

Back
Top Bottom