What's for Dinner, Wednesday June 7th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick Beef Stroganoff (or should I say semi-quick, since I am using brisket chunks rather than ground beef), but rather than noodles, I am going to make mashed potatoes. I have a sore throat and need comfort food. Mashed potatoes are my number one comfort food, and if you add gravy or sauce, they are even better. :mrgreen: Not sure of the vegetable. Since it is just me, I may just have some spinach while the main meal is cooking, since that sounds good but doesn't go that well with Stroganoff.

:)Barbara

I have chicken thighs marinating and some corn to toss on the grill later. Yum.

Kathleen mentioned something about string beans with tomato but if she doesn't do that I have the other half of the asparagus to raft and can toss that on the grill as well.

The end result was grilled marinated chicken thighs with Greek string beans cooked with onions, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper, and a few potatoes. Also had corn on the cob with cantaloupe. Yummy! :chef: We do well cooking together.

I'm having leftover string beans for lunch tomorrow with a bit of feta and some of Frank's fresh bread.

~Kathleen

Bonelss, skinelss chicken breast, grilled, apsaragus, rice, and a salad.

LP - it actually wasn't that bad either. :ohmy:

I had a chef salad and focaccia bread for lunch - they were both fresh and tasty. Dad's mac and cheese wasn't bad either ;)

My husband loves these sort of meals but I have little experience with it. When I go look in the pork section I'm not sure what to pick up, though I know what to do after that. You said pork butt, are there other types of cuts? And this is really dumb, but does it say pork butt on the package? I literally have no experience so I have no idea. :pig:
When I was about 14, I thought I was going to pass out when my mom asked the butcher for pork butt. That was the first time I had ever heard her use the word butt, and it was the closest thing to swearing I ever heard come out of her mouth. It shocked me!:ohmy:

Pork Butt & BBQ

When I was about 14, I thought I was going to pass out when my mom asked the butcher for pork butt. That was the first time I had ever heard her use the word butt, and it was the closest thing to swearing I ever heard come out of her mouth. It shocked me!:ohmy:

That is so cute! I just told my husband the other day of the first time I heard my mom use a curse word. I think it was the only time until I was at least driving. (but that was a real curse word).

Thank you everyone for helping me! I am definitely planning on cooking this sometime next week and I am excited to surprise him. :rolleyes:

Well, temps hit 105 here, but we still didn't feel like just a salad. So I made some fresh basil pesto & tossed it with some thin spaghetti & one fresh chopped heirloom tomato. Served with a warmed buttered baguette & a salad.

Back
Top Bottom