What's for Dinner? Wednesday, November 26th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
It's Thanksgiving eve. Will you be eating at home tonight, going out, or skipping dinner altogether to save room for tomorrow's feast?

Daughter is driving home from college today. She's a vegetarian and I am just about a complete polar opposite of that these days. So I'm torn as to what to make tonight. She does eat fish and eggs, so it might be something in that family of foods.

I guess my answer is "to be determined."

How about the rest of you?

I'm just about to hit the kitchen and make the dressing, cranberry sauce, and broccoli salad to be taken to my son's house for the feast tomorrow. I think I'll stick some chicken thighs in the oven tonight to go with some of what I prepare for tomorrow.

How bout this for your dinner tonight Steve? You could add mushrooms, and leave the shrimp out of hers..
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/egg-foo-young-64520.html

Ooh, thanks for bringing this up, Kayelle! Sounds delicious!

DH is bringing home leftover pizza from work. We'll probably go out with BIL somewhere tonight.

Finishing up the last of the turkey I roasted a few days ago....creamed turkey (DH has not had this before) over homemade dinner rolls and baked sweet potatoes.

A big Manhattan, Buffalo style chicken fingers with celery, carrots and blue cheese dressing. Also a couple of experimental stuffed mushrooms.

I used a couple of the turkey broth containers to make a pork stew with frozen pork from a roast I had already cooked. Added some frozen mixed veggies and celery sticks. I thickened the liquid with packaged gravy mix. It resulted in four more containers of really delicious stew, so I'll keep one out of the freezer for dinner tonight.

I found a container of pasta sauce in the freezer so that has been designated for tonight's dinner over pasta.

Not much for me for tonight. I'll just snack a little - a grilled cheese or something....

My daughter wants to have dinner around noon, since they have two other places to stop for eats tomorrow afternoon. :ohmy: Not that they're going to have 3 whole meals, but some family on her dad's side are in town so they want to go visit as many of them as they can. :)

A big Manhattan, Buffalo style chicken fingers with celery, carrots and blue cheese dressing. Also a couple of experimental stuffed mushrooms.
Experimental stuffed mushrooms?! That sounds like a lot of fun, in a Timothy Leary kind of way, if you're as old as I am and remember who he was.

Timothy Leary - Turn on, tune in, drop out.

Just mushroom caps stuffed with some sausage and other odds and ends. I'm experimenting with freezing them so I can use a few at a time.

Himself and I swapped leftovers from last night's dinner at Blue Colony Diner. I had chicken parm and spaghetti, he had a slab of lasagna. Started off with salad. That ship is about to sail as it's getting too cold to have a tossed salad every night. Brrr....

I WAS going to do spaghetti but we had to take the dog in to the vet and that took up a couple of hours so we stopped at Zaxby's on the way home and picked up chicken fingers and fries. I still had to bake the pies and make the cheese ball after dinner.

I decided we needed a red meat fix before the turkey and it's leftovers take over the next few days. I found some beautiful rib eye steaks at Fred Meyer that had just been marked down. I was at another grocery store that has a butcher counter and I picked up some of their local double smoked bacon. I pan fried and finished in the oven, the bacon
wrapped steaks in some butter and olive oil, made a nice green salad and some mashed potatoes. I was out of broccoli and am saving the dreaded Brussels sprouts for tomorrow so had to go with cauliflower, it made for a pale looking plate, but OMGoodness that steak was incredible! I topped it with some sautéd mushrooms and onions. Superb!
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1417069103.647915.jpg
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1417069125.997459.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

We had sliders and potato salad. Tried Uni for the first time as Restaurant Depot had fresh ones. Not bad, but Karen isn't sure they are worth the effort it took to clean them.

We decided to have a light dinner for Thanksgiving Eve so we went out for sushi. I had a lovely lychee martini to start, we shared apps of gyoza and cucumber salad, and each ordered a roll, which we also shared. This is going to become an annual tradition.

Attachments

• 1417094996286.jpg
    1417094996286.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 1417095009521.jpg
    1417095009521.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 1417095019433.jpg
    1417095019433.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom