What's for Dinner Wednesday October 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Wow... almost 2:00 and no dinner thread......I'll start....

I just put a 9 lb turkey breast in the oven to roast. Tonight is going to be a Thanksgiving dinner with my Mom and Aunt who are visiting.

Sounds good Dave. I'm having leftover "too tired to cook pasta." Tomorrow is the start of the curling season, so the DH is coming out and making scalloped potatoes with leftover ham from our T'giving dinner.

Sounds good Dave. I'm having leftover "too tired to cook pasta." Tomorrow is the start of the curling season, so the DH is coming out and making scalloped potatoes with leftover ham from our T'giving dinner.

Mmmmm scalloped potatoes and ham.....YUM!

I saw that thread and though it was going to be about being to tired to "cook pasta" :LOL: great recipe!!

That's how tired I was--I couldn't even put "recipe" at the end, but the result of my "throw together" was very tasty. One could leave out the shrimp or put in crab or ... but the roasted tomato sauce is a MUST. My DH makes excellent scalloped potatoes (he'll have to dig the potatoes first). I'll need the incentive while I'm sweeping during curling! Turkey breast sounds really good--what else are you making?

Lunch – Salad with sliced baked chicken breast

img_1058171_0_ca4b4f85af5c0b6460062faf935dd0b2.jpg

Leftovers here. Got spaghetti, wings, mushroom swiss chicken, cold cuts for sandwiches, chips. I'll set it out and folks can heat up what they want.

I'm having the split pea soup with mixed sausages from the freezer.

Andy, your dinner sounds good. Got a recipe? The one sausage I didn't use in the split pea soup was the kielbasa, I just haven't decided what to do with it.

...Andy, your dinner sounds good. Got a recipe? The one sausage I didn't use in the split pea soup was the kielbasa, I just haven't decided what to do with it.

I buy a bag of frozen hash browns (Ore-Ida) and sort of follow the directions on the bag.

Except, I'll cut up a kielbasa and fry it along with some onion and I'll add a lot of shredded cheese.

I'm making won ton soup. A request from my husband. I make the won tons from scratch. They go really fast and I can punch up the flavors as we like. Home made chicken stock as the base, lots of green onions, some strips of bought char siu, Swiss chard..... My husband is hooked on this stuff.

Sadly the kids will not eat this........ I'm still thinking what to make them.

I've got a couple brats thawed that I was wondering what to do with. Maybe I'll come up with some kind of skillet concoction.

I made a pasta sauce with sweet Italian sausage and roasted garden tomatoes, will put it over low carb linguine, along with grilled steak, corn on the cob, fennel salad with diced orange and fresh dill, thin sliced romaine, red onion, cucumber OJ, walnut oil, mild vinegar, s&p garlic bread, Ice cream cones for dessert
kades

Dinner – Pizza (Whole wheat and herb dough)

img_1058283_0_f603d78a0f1fd712f8d67e904df04e0d.jpg

Nice pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you make your WW crust do you use some AP flour or all WW? I am trying to work more whole wheat into my cooking and baking but I still use AP in my pizza. Now maybe the time to switch.

Back
Top Bottom