What's for Dinner, Wednesday Sept. 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I'll get us started this morning.

Fried ham and eggs and hashbrowns. Tonight is the 2-fer meal from Sunday's baked ham.

What is the rest of the group planning?

this is way too early even for me.

I jsut had some of my neighbors awesome chocolate chip brownies.

I got a whole thing of brownies in trade for some eggplants, peppers and tomatos from my garden. not a bad trade.

so yeah i jsut ate my second one today. I got 3 left and the rest I promised to give to the wife. if it were up to be she would get nothing.

No idea what Im making the wife tonight for when she gets home but I see a corned beef in my future this week.

not sure, got called in to work today, threw off my groove. gotta work 9-3:30
Maybe I'll stop at the store after work and see what's lookin good. and cheap.

Have the dreaded "garden hose" test on Monday and have to abstain from veggies (raw,cooked or canned) and fruits(raw, cooked or canned) for the rest of the week! Didn't think it would be a big deal until I realized how much I use in my recipes. The eggs and ham idea sounds good to me and I'll be here alone so that will be a good dinner to fix for myself.

Yet another uninspired day.... I'm waiting to see what pacanis comes up with.

I am finally going to get to throw the lasagna in the oven I have had thawing for 3 days in the fridge. With our border changing his schedule of eating at home and DH bring home wonderful meats from the organic butcher on his way home from work, I have had to put it off.

So I get off easy - throw it in the oven, make a Caesar and dinner is served!

(BTW, not complaining about the meals DH bought and cooked - sun dried tomato & basil pork chops and last night coconut curry marinated steak. Both were delicious!)

I think someone says this on a daily basis.

GrantsKAt said it yesterday or the day before and made the curry chicken if I remember correctly

I think someone says it every day just to keep the chicken safety police on their toes.

wanted to do something light-ish for dinner tonight.
didn't join hub in dinner last night and he asked if I'd eaten.
tonight it'll be easy, wanna do a take on fried chix caesar cole slaw salad with a twist.
the chicken tenders will be lightly coated then baked.
the salad part will be cabbage, red and green, shredded fine
with a dressing made up mostly of evoo, a little mayo and the other ingreds for the typical dressing. he'll get croutons, I won't, he'll get a banana daquiri, I'll get H20, he'll get more scottish shortbread, I'll get to see him smile:LOL:
So is pacanis.....
Yet another uninspired day.... I'm waiting to see what pacanis comes up with.
are you two married *)))

My chicken is leftover meat pulled from a roasted chicken.
Maybe a soup, maybe a wild rice casserole, dunno yet....

;):)
I think someone says this on a daily basis.

GrantsKAt said it yesterday or the day before and made the curry chicken if I remember correctly

yeah... you'd think we'd all have a million recipes for chicken.

I ended up throwing mine in the crockpot
with tomatoes, red wine, tomato sauce and lots of spices,onions celery and chopped garlic
Will serve over noodles of some sort. ( angel hair is top on the choice list.);):);)

Ok... grass fed bone-in ribeye (salt and pepper, a bit of olive oil) grilled, along with some bacon wrapped asparagus and maybe some pan sauteed white beans.

I think I am feeling some inspiration!

...are you two married *)))

I should be so lucky :)

I just got back from Wally World and picked up a chicken :LOL: yes, another chicken tonight person. I'm going to stick half a can of Dr P up its butt, put a rub on it, and put it on the grill.
Which leads me to a question..... as soon as I figure out where to ask it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom