What's for Dinner Wednesday Sept 7/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mmm, open faced roast beef sandwiches... I need to make a roast, just for the leftovers.

Too hot to do brandied chicken tonight BT. Its a lovely 30C (90F) here today. I think ditto for that cajun chicken alfredo pacanis, but I filed that recipe. It looks delicious!

We're breaking out the BBQ tonight. I've got the breasts in lemon and herby stuff and we'll grill them and have some salad, rice and zucchini to go with. Oh my its so beautiful here!

Couldn't grill the sirloin steak outdoors because it is still raining :( so I cooked it indoors in the grill pan and made some redskin mashed potatoes and a salad :)

Too hot to do brandied chicken tonight BT. Its a lovely 30C (90F) here today. I think ditto for that cajun chicken alfredo pacanis, but I filed that recipe. It looks delicious!

We're breaking out the BBQ tonight. I've got the breasts in lemon and herby stuff and we'll grill them and have some salad, rice and zucchini to go with. Oh my its so beautiful here!

Rub it in. We've had a low ceiling here for four days now.
BBQ away! Are you grilling the zucch, too?

Yeppers. With a little garlic and a splash of soy to finish it. Mmmm. Ken is out there finishing the chicken as we speak. The baby cukes are in vinegar, the tomato slices are tossed with some salt and oil...still warm off the vine. YUM.

London broil cooked on the stovetop grill pan, quartered mushroom caps sautéed in butter, steamed corn off the cob and salad.

img_1046579_0_2956b57032514ac5a0d3a3393aafdc95.jpg

Everyone's meals sound wonderful, we just made camp it's still lovely and warm. We will be having grilled salmon, rice pilaf and green salad and maybe some cheesy bread. I think we still have apple pie and ice cream for dessert!

I just finished my dinner. I had forgotten how much I loved that one pot meal. I had intended to save the second chop for a leftover lunch, but it just wasn't in the cards after the first couple bites of the first one :angel:
I do have some rice mixture leftover though. That will make a nice lunch on its own.

Grilled Pork

Tonight I made grilled pork with a rub , Mashed with garlic,jalapeno,gravy.
smothered green beans.
39817-albums371-picture2975.jpg

looks great s&p!

Brown them naked (the veal, not you) then use a flour slurry or a roux to thicken.

thanks andy. :chef:

i've learned not to cook naked. too many chances to turn the heat up or down inadvertantly. :)

i did what you said: browned the trimmed veal chunks in grapeseed oil just seasoned with s&p. unfortunately, i overcrowded the pan so they didn't brown well right away. more like they bubbled in their own liquid.

thinking quickly, i pulled the "greyed" veal, wiped the pan and did a second batch better. then i cranked the heat to high, and researed the grey meat again making a decent fond to deglaze.

i sweated the onions and garlic in the deglazed pan, tossed everything including the other veggies, deglazing liquid, and the rehydrating mushroom (shiitake) liquid into a pot, made a nice brown roux and added it as well, and let it simmer for 3 hours.

the result was surprisingly good! it wasn't ready for dinnertime tonight, so we'll have it with egg noodles tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom