What's for Dinner Wednesday Sept 7/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I've got the whole day to plan and I'm relishing it! I'm doing something with chicken breast and I'm going to go peruse my cookbooks for something yummy I haven't done in a while. I'm open to suggestions too!

Going out to a local fair, formerly known as "Festa dell'Unità", the Italian Communist Party fairs.
The interesting part is that the volunteer organize all sorts of different restaurants: the local Emiliano, with lasagne and tortellini, then restaurants for Toscana, Piemonte, Lazio, the seafood place, the Pizzeria, the latin american roasted beef place and so on.
The most difficult thing is deciding where to go... :pig:

I have some cleaning to do in the kitchen. As soon as I'm finished, I'm going to dirty it up again by making butter chicken and basmati rice for dinner tonight. I haven't made it in a while and it tastes so darned good, it's a crime not to make it often.

I've got the whole day to plan and I'm relishing it! I'm doing something with chicken breast and I'm going to go peruse my cookbooks for something yummy I haven't done in a while. I'm open to suggestions too!

I made this just a week or two ago, Alix. Super simple and super tasty. The best use for a chicken breast I know ;)
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe - Food.com - 39087
I added garlic and mushrooms to mine.

i could send you a bunch of recipes... umm, wait. you sent them to me. ;)

i vote for your brandied chicken. :chef:

i'm in never never land today. can't sleep, but too tired to do very much.

i've prepped for a veal stew by chopping red onions, garlic, celery, carrots, bell peppers, fennel, tomatoes, and i'm rehydrating mushrooms. but i'm drawing a blank at whether i should flour the veal before browning, or do them naked and make a roux.

I'm going south of the border tonight: Ensalada verde, enchilada con queso y salsa rojo, arroz Mexicano, frijoles del rancho, y cerveza de Dos Equis

Tonight we will be attempting a new recipe - one off of my favorite cooking show with Sunny Anderson...

Tonight even though the weather is dreary and cold we'll be having Sweet & Sour Pork Chops on the Grilled with Potatoes & Onions also cooked on the grill... I'm sure it'll be delicious :)

I took some pork chops out of the freezer that look more like pork steaks. I'm not sure what I am doing with them yet, other than thawing them.

Two lean 6 ounce hamburgers on toasted sesame buns, + one for the Mrs., fried in butter in a screaming hot dutch oven under a Lodge 2.2 pound grill press; 2.75 minutes on side 1 and 2.25 minutes on side 2. With mayo, tomatoes and pickles and a few Sam Adams OktoberFest bierle .

Last edited:
I took some pork chops out of the freezer that look more like pork steaks. I'm not sure what I am doing with them yet, other than thawing them.

Into a CI skillet with a double handful of sliced onions. Cook the chops then make onion gravy for the mashed potatoes you have on the other burner.

Put a little lettuce on those, Bill and I'll be over! I can only imagine the nice crust those will have.

I think I'm going to turn those thawed pork steaks into Andy's Italian string bean stew over egg noodles. That will surely hit the spot on this too cool of a day.

oops, too late Andy. I've got my taste buds set on that stew ;^)

Put a little lettuce on those, Bill and I'll be over! I can only imagine the nice crust those will have.

I think I'm going to turn those thawed pork steaks into Andy's Italian string bean stew over egg noodles. That will surely hit the spot on this too cool of a day.
Ain't cool enough for me. Wish I lived in a place that had 35 - 65 year round. Gotta save the lettuce for our BLTs. Pork steaks with onions (and mushrooms?) can be delish.

I'm pretty sure it never got much over 60F here today. I even broke out the light jacket for a while, probably due more to the wind than anything. And yes, B_Ts just don't cut it.

I've got half a mind to throw them in a saute pan with the onions, then dump some cream of mushroom soup, milk and rice in there, too, but I really want to use up those green beans. Come to think of it, I used to make that all the time with canned green beans, I'm sure the fresh will work... I'm sensing a change of plans coming here...

I'm about to put a roast of beef in the oven. Will mash some potatoes and peas for Dad and heap with gravy. DH will have a salad with his and I am having a salad with egg, avocado, strawberries, cucumber and various seeds topped with a strawberry vinaigrette (no meat for me).

Though Andy's butter chicken, Bill's burgers, Bucky's veal and Pac's pork steaks are almost (but not quite) tempting to drop the meatless meal for tonight! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom