What's for Dinner, Wednesday, September 2, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i am thinking of using the other 1/2 pound pasta and making more fettucini and garlic bread for dinner tonight. i only use 1/2 lb pasta for 4 people and sometimes the other half a box gets lost in the pantry LOL. they all loved it last night soooooooooooooooo i may make fried cauliflower, haricots verts and stuffed tomatoes as side dishes for the fetucini with alfredo or tomato sauce. i have lots of stuff to use up including some fresh basil.
well thats the plan at the moment. subject to change at any time if i get input from the family that i like (or complaints i don't want to deal with :ohmy:).

what about you?

You can follow me on Twitter, I post dinners nightly on twitpic
Last night: Crab au gratin, French beans with smoked red pepper, steamed white rice
twitter: ChefToddMohr

Chef Todd Mohr

Tonight we are having burgers on the grill and cole slaw. I just ate the last garden tomato on a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich so I hope there is another one out there for the burgers.

need advice:
i just got a request that i make mini fusilli with cheese sauce. hmmmmmmmm i have a can of cheddar cheese soup that has a date of 2007 on the bottom but the can looks fine and isn't dented or bulging is it still good? i bought it awhile ago and forgot about it because my daughter wanted it and never made it. i never use canned cheese soup for homemade mac and cheese but i want to use it if possible and i have sharp cheddar i can grate and add to it. so do you think the soup is still good? or i can just add the shredded cheddar to the alfredo sauce (i have never done that before but there must be a first time to become TNT right? maybe add some baby peas also) or just say next time LOL

We are having ham, dried lima beans and rice, cole slaw and corn bread and some chopped sweet onions....and of course, iced tea.

Florida isn't pretty today- rain all over

Nothing special, just canned chicken, with cooked noodles, cream of chicken soup, canned peas, sour cream in it as well.

Nothing special, just canned chicken, with cooked noodles, cream of chicken soup, canned peas, sour cream in it as well.

well, that sounds very much like a great meal to me! :) i luv casseroles so much! my Mum & Dad didn't cook those often enough. mainly tuna casseroles, usually.

Dinner was a repeat of fettucini alfredo with sides of garlic bread
(made with french bread tonight) and small stuffed tomato.

img_848573_0_aebb466b15e15bc51285b1322e4afc9b.jpg

img_848573_1_67bc2aee74c1bfd5f168c4658f770b41.jpg

i had a pan grilled pork steak, cauliflower with cheese melted into it and then i smashed up up, broccoli with butter and lemon pepper . a sliced tomato from my garden with mayo on it. and a piece of pound cake i made yesterday. i am stuffed. made up for last night when i had cake and then later some refried bean dip. lol

Your dinner looks very yummy, also... I LOVE fettucine and stuffed tomatoes, especially garlic bread!
thank you. i only make a 1/2 lb of pasta for 4 people so i needed to use the other 1/2 lb of pasta and everyone loved it last night. the alfredo sauce is light without any egg yolk and not really cooked. the tomtoes were just the right size 4 nice bites. i made a fresh batch of garlic butter. i grated the garlic, a touch of ground red pepper flakes, grated romano and parmesan cheeses, olive oil and parsley and i used french bread tonight which really makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom