What's for Lunch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Hubby and I had a hot lunch , over left over roast beef, gravy, string beans, and scalloped potatoes. He had 2 servings:pig:

Desk lunch is good today:

Spicy Cajun Turkey Breast on Whole grain w/ swiss, red onion, cuke &homegrown Sprouts (broc/alf/radish)

Side of cottage cheese (whole milk, large curd)

Cranapple Raspberry Juice

Well, it looks like breakfast is turning into lunch so it will be french toast with sausages and I have a little bit of cinnamon whipped cream from our tarte tatin last night for the french toast.

I just finished three hot dogs from my Omaha order. One with catsup, one with yellow mustard and one with brown spicy mustard. Nothing but the dog, the bun, and one condiment. Those are very tasty hot dogs.
Got one more left on the grill I was going to cut into three for my dogs.....
Aww, I can't be a pig and eat that one, too. I'll cut it into fours :)

Since it's raining today, I thought I would make potato and leek soup and biscuits.

Today I'll be having the leftover Beef Tenderloin in Madeira porcini mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, & honey-glazed carrots I had to take home from my birthday restaurant meal last night. : )

It looks like I am by myself for lunch today so I will probably heat up the left over perogies from Friday. BTW, Happy Belated Birthday Breezy!

Two grilled burgers on Kaiser rolls with nothing but castup and Mayan onions. And some frozen raviolis with Ragu! Not "a" ragu... the actual stuff you buy (lol)
Lunch is past tense now anyway.

Thanks! Another key to an excellent restaurant meal: the leftovers are just as terrific for lunch the next day (which they were) - lol!!

Tunas salad on Orowheat 100% whole wheat, one very large Asian pear, and a slice of Marie Callender's peach pie.

DH is going low carb, gluten and dairy free this week. But he wants a chicken sandwich for lunch. So, he is getting a lettuce wrap with a filling of chicken (left over from last night), a touch of mayo, dried cranberries, pine nuts, seeds and the last of the fresh herbs. For me, I think I will have mine on the wonderful cape seed bread we got last week, toasted of course.

Lunch on the run today. Left a can of sardines (yuk) out for DH to have between work runs, then am packing a bag of goodies for the trip into the "big city". For him - pepperoni, carrot sticks and an apple. For me, carrot, broccoli, mushrooms and ranch dip, some cheese and two cappacinno nanaimo bars DH brought home from a meeting last night just for me!

Back
Top Bottom