What's for lunch today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Liver and Onions

3 tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 pound calves' livers
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onion and saute until softened. Stir in sugar and continue to cook until onion caramelizes.
Rinse liver and remove thin outer membrane. Slice liver into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.
Heat remaining butter in a medium skillet over medium heat
Dredge liver slices in flour and brown in melted butter for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve liver smothered with caramelized onions.

ooohhh, bang, i love liver and onions, but ya gotta have it with bacon, preferrably irish bacon...

i had chicken and lamb roganjosh (i browned the meat but the sauce was from a jar. i added cayenne) over basmati rice, mixed with re-heated frozen veggie mix.

buckytom said:
ooohhh, bang, i love liver and onions, but ya gotta have it with bacon, preferrably irish bacon...

i had chicken and lamb roganjosh (i browned the meat but the sauce was from a jar. i added cayenne) over basmati rice, mixed with re-heated frozen veggie mix.

I like chicken livers with bacon and onions with mashed potatoes and butter.

Well I had to put some oil in my car & then I ran inside to make the grilled cheese & before I knew it it was time to pick up my son from school. Funny how when you don't do much of anything during the day time slips up on you real fast! :LOL:

yeah, tell me about it.. on that note.. I have to go run a couple errands.. thanks for reminding me..

I am having a hotdog with ketchup and mustard.. unfortunately, I have no buns.. so it's rolled up on a piece of wheat bread.... still tastes good!

i can't decide between a beef burrito from a little mexican place across the street, or 1/2 fried chicken and veggie fried rice from the chinese place next to it....

yeah.. don't inhale it this time.. you'll be like buckytom with his rice crispies yesterday.. well, I hope he didn't inhale any up his nose...

no but they're all connected now.

ok,this is getting gross today, no more gross em out jokes on a foodie site, K?

It's a deal!.. I grossed out mudbug yesterday with chocolate covered spiders.

OK, I'll be good! Oh BTW Mr. buckytom, I just read your post under I just Trapped a Possum about the chicken sandwich, while I was eating my grilled cheese!! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom