What's for lunch today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lunch

Warm bowl of home made veggie beef soup
and a piece of toast lightly buttered.

We'll be having the same thing for dinner too.

YUMMY

I think it's important to eat breakfast only if you eat something good. I try to do healthy cereal, some fresh fruit if something I like is in season or oatmeal. If you eat donuts or McD's every morning, it probably doesn't do you much good. That doesn't mean that I don't like them for a treat every once in a long while!

Lunch is my hardest meal. I try to bring things to work that I can pick on throughout the day. That seems to help.

I vary rarely eat a doughnut for breakfast, unless if I'm in a hurry for something and I can just drop by and pick one up from some place. Do you think croissants are bad for ya?

I wouldn't have one every day (they're full of butter), but once in a while can't hurt. I'm all about moderation! Croissants are so yummy. Have it with some yogurt or a piece of fruit and it's a good breakfast.

PA Baker said:
I wouldn't have one every day (they're full of butter), but once in a while can't hurt. I'm all about moderation! Croissants are so yummy. Have it with some yogurt or a piece of fruit and it's a good breakfast.
I'm definitely having one tomorrow morning... I'll bring a McIntosh apple with me.. lol :LOL:

I'm going to make a BLT at some point..I think that's it.. big glass of milk.

No, I still have a few whole green onions in the fridge & I need to use them. I think I may have a late lunch today. I'm not even getting hungry yet. But I did stay up & read & drink some more hot cocoa w/ Irish cream.

yep alix. the first time i heard that tune, i was in my canoe on a lake upstate at sunset. the water was like glass; the sun sunk behind the mountains in waning shades of orange. i had headphones on and the eagles in the walkman (it was the early 80's). i stopped fishing just to enjoy the stillness of everything, in a kind of reverence. providence was all around. then the song came on at just the perfect moment.
i will always remember that...

I got booted off when I tried to post a reply...Grrrr!

I first heard Last Resort on a snowshoeing trip in Jasper. Same pristine wilderness experience.

Going to Waikiki and having lunch at the Cheescake Factory. I don't know what I'll have for lunch but you can be sure that I'll be having CHEESECAKE.

Alix said:

I first heard Last Resort on a snowshoeing trip in Jasper. Same pristine wilderness experience.
that has happened 3 times to me today.. grrrrr.. lol :x

Alix said:

so you have heard of Hinton, AB? I have been there... it's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Gateway to the Rockies"

wasabi said:
Going to Waikiki and having lunch at the Cheescake Factory. I don't know what I'll have for lunch but you can be sure that I'll be having CHEESECAKE.

did someone say cheesecake????????????????????

beanupclose.jpg

LOLOL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: that's me when I see a juicy steak!...that is cute!

ok adding to this... or when I see Leafy come online! :oops:

[/quote]so you have heard of Hinton, AB? I have been there... it's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Gateway to the Rockies"[/quote]

Juliev, please tell me you didn't stop in Hinton and not get to Jasper? Not that Hinton is BAD...but it is certainly not what I would call pristine wilderness. Hinton is a rest stop for us...not a holiday spot.

Jasper is about a 3 to 4 hour drive west of us. We go there often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom