What's for Sunday dinner, 11-5-2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having chicken wings marinated overnight in garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, olive oil, etc., grilled using the rotisserie and the new round basket, with a medley of grilled veges.

Red Beans & Rice. With Andouille and Tasso cooked in.
Grilled Smoked Sausage on the side.
Choice of French Bread or Cornbread.
Side Salad if ya wanna.
Little Brown-eyed girl's World Famous Chocolate Pie with Mile High Meringue.
Coffee & Chicory! :yum:

I am going to make low carb, low fat meat loaf with brown rice, or chili con carne y frijoles with Creole corn bread. I haven't decided which as of yet, but either will include a Romaine salad with Southwest Ranch dressing.

I am making lasagne. We have been craving it for a while now.

I make individual ones in loaf pans. Mine has regular noodles with a white sauce and more veggies than meat. TB's has gluten-free noodles, tomato sauce and more meat than veggies.

The meat I am using is Italian sausage and pepperoni while veggies include mushrooms, red peppers, onion, broccoli, and spinach.

The cheese is a blend of shredded mozzarella and swiss. It makes for a nice stringy mess and great flavour.

Love the concept of individual white sauce lasagna, LP... :yum:

Cool day here so I defrosted the honey/balsamic beef stew and will serve with hot biscuits..

A simple chocolate pudding for later..

Ross

Thanks, Ross
TB is gluten-intolerant and I am allergic to tomatoes so it all works out. A little more work but it is worth it! :)

Going to daughter and SIL's for dinner, but food will be provided by Tenspeed's Catering. Marinated steak tips on the grill, sesame noodles, and a garden salad. Noodles and salad are done and the meat is trimmed and cubed. All I need to do is add the marinade before we leave, and then skewer the meat at grilling time.

Cavatelli pasta or cheese ravioli with meatballs, Braciole and gravy I made yesterday.

LB, I think your idea of individual loaf pan lasagna is brilliant!! Is there anything more frustrating than trying to cut up a big pan of lasagna?? For that reason, I like the lasagna rolls idea also.

Our dinner tonight will have something to do with pork tenderloin. I haven't decided just what yet, so I'm open to suggestions. TIA

LB, I think your idea of individual loaf pan lasagna is brilliant!! Is there anything more frustrating than trying to cut up a big pan of lasagna?? For that reason, I like the lasagna rolls idea also.

Our dinner tonight will have something to do with pork tenderloin. I haven't decided just what yet, so I'm open to suggestions. TIA

I've been making individual loaf pan lasagnas for awhile now. SO doesn't like my lasagna so I make it for myself. One recipe fills three aluminum foil loaf pans that I can wrap and freeze. Each makes a dinner and a lunch for me.

Smoked ham and bean soup, with carrots, some tomatoes, some peppers, some onions, some celery.

K, I've made many a stuffed Pork Loin Roast, using various stuffing combos (what ever I have on hand really), I've even wrapped the stuffed & rolled loin in bacon and roasted that :yum:
... that's my 2 cents anyways ;)

med, photos please? I'd love to see how you guys do the wings in that round-thingy...

LB, I'm making Lasagne too!

I've already got that cutie 1/2 sized casserole pan prepped and waiting in the `fridge with parchment paper over it as well as a sheet of tin foil.
Tomato product bothers my stomach, but I can tolerate a small amount every so often. And like you and yours, we've had a hankering for it.

003.JPG
[file photo-full sized Lasagne]

I use browned Sweet Italian Sausage, Ricotta-Parm-Mozz Cheese combo and then I've been cheating lately and using Trader Joe's Marinara rather than make my own... just as good and much easier ;)

trader-joes-sauce-001.jpg

some bread and vino and you're good man!

I pulled a bag of mystery meat out of the freezer to thaw yesterday. I wasn't sure what it was, other than it looked like either beef or lamb. Turns out it's a couple of beef tenderloin "tails" (the tapered ends of the tenderloin). I suspect I portioned a whole tenderloin sometime ago, and threw the two end scraps in the freezer without labeling them.

They're happily swimming in the sous vide at the moment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom