What's for Sunday dinner, 6-25-17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We are having something we haven't had in a very long time, plain old BBQ chicken. Sides will be special macaroni salad - Muller's recipe plus HB egg and small steamed shrimp, corn on the cob for me, and baked beans for Craig.

It's bedtime in SA already. I made homemade lamb sausage with rosemary, buttered polenta, spicy tomato and onion to go with that and a veg mash with potato, green beans, zucchini and onion.

I'm so tired of bland foods with this gallbladder! Im going to do a cauliflower pizza, just to keep it on the lighter side but flavorful. If it turns out like my co-workers did, it should be great.

My sister had a one year observance of my BIL's passing today. A huge meal was part of that observance (as always). We pigged out on Armenian foods and other goodies and an endless selection of desserts.

I may have an Italian ice later.

Daughter, SIL, and grandtoddler are coming for diner. I try to make things that they wouldn't have at home. I'll be making a couple of Chef John's creations, which I've had before. Turkish chicken kebabs, savory coconut rice, and a green salad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhZ-5y8eTZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG-c9eXjTkM

I'll sure be doing that grilled chicken recipe again 10speed. It was outstanding. :chef:
We had spinach salad with strawberries and red onion with it. The balance of flavors was just right.

Working our way through leftovers (still), so I made salads for us. I made a really big one for me, but ended up eating one of the leftover hot dogs, too, since I couldn't resist when they were heated up. I think it's fun to take a hot dog and just dip it into mustard - no bun required.

Attachments

• 20170625_202529.jpg
    20170625_202529.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 144
We had broiled rib eyes and baked potatoes for lunch yesterday, so I had some leftover steak, cucumbers & tomatoes, pita chips, and sliced strawberries for supper. Didn't feel like heating up the house again.

We had been working hard getting the first pantry set up and filled, TB set up the air conditioner, I took Violet to the park twice and I was working on my writing deadline.

It was so hot and muggy yesterday and after all that, neither one of us felt up to cooking. So we went out for fish and chips - totally against our eating plans but it was so good!

I had found a $20 bill in one of the cupboards which had to have been left by the previous owner. There was a bunch of cleaning supplies up there so I am sure the money was change and got left up there by mistake. Anyway, I have no idea where they are so we used it towards the dinner. A reward for hard work! ;)

Back
Top Bottom