What's For Supper 1/27/2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Wow, I can't believe there isn't a post about Supper yet?! :)

Tonight we are having Grilled BBQ Chicken, Scalloped Potatoes, Homemade Rolls & Okra.

Here in Georgia we are expected to be getting some serious SNOW tomorrow. 2+ inches supposedly (For Georgia that's A LOT) . I seriously am so excited! Everyone has raided the grocery stories in fear of getting snowed in. We've been told its gonna snow so many times this year in Georgia, so most of us just aren't sure it'll snow this time.​

It's snowed an average of twice a week for the last six weeks. And when it isn't snowing, we've had bitterly cold subzero temps. It was -15 this morning (the "high" today will be -8) and they're predicting -17 again tomorrow.

Jessica, you can have as much of this weather as you like. I am SO ready for spring, although it's still three months away.

Tonight we're having kielbasa, red cabbage, and scalloped potatoes.

Today I made grilled salmon with a glaze of honey, lemon and mustard, and served that with a warm salad of puy lentils, spring onions, beetroot and rocket - dressed with the rest of the honey/lemon/mustard mixture.

I have a batch of little lemon cakes in the oven as we speak which I will be filling with a lemon/mascarpone mix. :)

It's snowed an average of twice a week for the last six weeks. And when it isn't snowing, we've had bitterly cold subzero temps. It was -15 this morning (the "high" today will be -8) and they're predicting -17 again tomorrow.

Jessica, you can have as much of this weather as you like. I am SO ready for spring, although it's still three months away.

Tonight we're having kielbasa, red cabbage, and scalloped potatoes.

You can keep the weather, I like for it to snow ONCE at least during the winter. But I'm also like you, I'm so ready for SPRING to be here. We rarely see low double digits here, and definitely do get the negatives. The coldest we've been this winter has been 10 with a very high wind chill

Last edited:
Split pea soup with ham in the CP was planned, but we ended up finishing the coconut shrimp and leftover spaghetti instead.

Last edited:
I think Papa John will be cooking my dinner tonight. Just need to decide what toppings since DH is out of town. That means I can do mushrooms and peppers and olives which he picks off.

Today I made grilled salmon with a glaze of honey, lemon and mustard, and served that with a warm salad of puy lentils, spring onions, beetroot and rocket - dressed with the rest of the honey/lemon/mustard mixture.

I have a batch of little lemon cakes in the oven as we speak which I will be filling with a lemon/mascarpone mix. :)

That sounds wonderful. It sounds like you bought some lemons ;)

Tonight I think I'll cook up a couple hot venison sausages, some green beans and maybe some rice.

Since we're taking a break from "highs in the teens" weather with this heat wave (high of 37, but into the 20s right now) we'll take a break from soup. I'm making a mix of Italian sausages, onions, and all four colors of bell peppers. Thinking of defrosting that little loaf of Italian bread that's hiding in the freezer and turning it into garlic bread...:yum:

....Jessica, you can have as much of this weather as you like. I am SO ready for spring, although it's still three months away...
Seen on Facebook:

1620591_706969832669319_2059597357_n.jpg

Cuban style shrimp creole and rice.

I love traditional Cuban foods, traditional creole cooking and shrimp cooked any-which-way, so this sounds a keeper. But what exactly is Cuban style shrimp creole? Will you share, pretty please?

I accidentally ordered fast-fry pork fillets on a supermarket delivery instead of regular boneless chops. I think I will treat them as mini escalopes and saute quickly with a splash of lemon juice. In the back of my head I seem to recall a recipe for this by Delia Smith. Will check.

To accompany, I think roast potato wedges and steamed broccolli, plus probably some leftover roasted sprouts and a small portion of leftover pasta amatriciana. Need to use up the leftovers!

My cold and gallbladder pain are acting up a bit (don't worry all, I am taking good care of myself) so I am not cooking tonight.

I think it will be some form of take-out that TB can pick up on his way home from helping a friend with a plumbing problem. My hubby is great using his days off helping others! :wub:

We had the last of the tomato soup I made using Andy's recipe. Then we had stir fried vegis with left over taco meat and brown basmati rice.

'twas 45*F and sunny today. Made my first loaf of bread in over a year, Italian. So, I had a buttered piece of bread with a bowl of a new pot roast, as opposed to last weeks' pot roast. I used some grass fed beef that was on sale, and I can tell a difference from the Krogers' chuck roast. The grass fed beef was more tender, juicer, more flavorful and less stringy than last weeks chuck.

Last edited:
Shrek decided he wanted Arby's which meant I got to run for it. I stopped at the store for root beer and could smell ribs in the deli...I got myself a tray of baby back ribs and some coleslaw. Shrek got his Arby's.

'twas 45*F and sunny today. Made my first loaf of bread in over a year, Italian. So, I had a buttered piece of bread with a bowl of a new pot roast, as opposed to last weeks' pot roast. I used some grass fed beef that was on sale, and I can tell a difference from the Krogers' chuck roast. The grass fed beef was more tender, juicer, more flavorful and less stringy than last weeks chuck.

Yum! Next time make bread bowls and serve your pot roast in the bread....:pig:

I finally started feeling a little better over the weekend, but still not good. I had canned peaches and cottage cheese for dinner. DH had leftover spaghetti.

I grilled a couple of ribeyes on the timeshare gas grill and we sat on the balcony of our unit and ate the steaks with a Caesar salad and a couple of glasses of wine while watching the stars sparkling in a deep blue nighttime sky. It was kinda nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom